Sunday, December 19, 2010

Single digits now.....

Christmas is just 6 days away.......hope you had a productive and fun weekend. I sewed a few things, baked some cookies, did laundry and all the other normal weekend stuff. I did discover the wonder that is parchment paper....how is it that I lived to 52, have baked thousands of cookies and have only now just used parchment paper? It is merely awesome. Clean-up was a snap - just another bonus. I have kept a notebook since fall 2009 - just listing the quilts and crafts I have made - and for whom. I looked through the book today - and was amazed by this year. I kicked out a lot of stuff - it was fun to remember some of the things. I recommend it for those looking for some quilting resolutions for the new year. My resolution is to add some details to each entry - it's a start. My 'Butter My Butt and Call Me a Biscuit' calendar is coming to an end. Here are some of my favorite sayings from this year:



Stupidity: If brains were cotton, he wouldn't have enough to knit a pair of socks.



Hot: It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell



If you need to have a serious talk with your children: We're gonna have a come-to-Jesus meetin'. (Reminds me of Consuelo)



Intelligence: He won't hurt his back totin' his brains. (My personal favorite)



Anxiety: He's as nervous as a porcupine in a balloon factory.



Being broke: My piggybank is as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.



Accountability: Don't blame the cow when the milk goes sour.



Miser: He's so tight he can call every dollar by its first name.



Idleness: He'll never drown in his own sweat.



Cath - hope your final went well. You must be enjoying sewing now. And glad to have Kerry home. Lois - how's everything? Haven't seen you in ages. Pam was at Mama Barb's this weekend - she's probably in a Christmas gift/food coma. Dolores - how are things back at work? LA - what can we bring for the Quiltmama extravaganza? Do you want me to send an email and have everyone respond? Or comment here? If you gals would let LA know what you're bringing, that would be great! What's the start time? Can't wait......enjoy this week, girls......Santa is on his way. May he bring you lots of Moda and thread. Piece.....

No comments: