Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Launching into 2013...

Ladies.....hope everyone had a nice New Year's...any resolutions or goals? Gracie, Maude, Bernadette and Mare's Janome went to Hayes' spa on Saturday - just before the snow. Hope they are enjoying themselves - and will be back soon raring to go! Some excitement while we were there - but I'll let the creator of the excitement fill you in.....what else is new? I was looking at the calendar - Easter is March 31st this year. That would make the weekend of March 22,23,24 our possible getaway weekend - as we've gone the weekend before Easter quite a few times. How does that sound? I checked and the mansion is not booked that weekend - and it looks to be around the same price we paid last time. Let me know your thoughts - I'm happy to book it next Friday (payday!).  I'm trying to think of a different way to use the blog this year....looking for some suggestions. I like blogs that have a recurring day each week - examples: tool time tuesday, wordless wednesday - things like that. Each week I could feature a new blog, or a favorite quiltmama recipe, or a technique - any thoughts? Talk soon....piece......

Cathy has offered to host bee next Thursday, 1/10....bee there or bee a rhombus.....

7 comments:

Lori said...

Hi everyone....not sure of an idea for the blog..have to think on that for awhile, but I wanted to chime in for the weekend. I am currently trying to schedule Johnny for his toncillectomy and adenoids. I would like to wait until around Easter, which would more than likely mean I would not be in on the next weekend away, but John doesn't think we should make him wait that long. Soooo again I am not able to commit until we iron all this out, BUT you ow I am in if at all possible!!

Leigh Anne said...

I like your blog ideas, Jean! I will think about it and see if anything inspiring comes to mind...
I am going to be rombus next week as the 10th is Sean's birthday:-)
Hope everyone is well and many good wishes to all for a happy, healthy, and fun 2013!!
I am good for that weekend in March!

Consuelo said...

What does this mean "rombus next week"? Can someone 'splain? Maybe is too much. Can someone sum up?

Jean Burke said...

It's a nerdier way of saying bee there or bee square....that's all.

Consuelo said...

It would probably help if I read the posting before the comments lol.

Leigh Anne said...

Lol! Rhombus adds a little pizzaz to square. Its like adding glitter to something...

Jean Burke said...

Bling it on!!!!!