Monday, January 28, 2013

Memory Lane Monday....

This was over a year and a half ago already.....wow!!


What a fun evening this was! Hope everyone is well and had a nice weekend.

The other night at bee, we were talking about the portrait quilts done by Carol at mamacjt. Here's a post with her latest....these are amazing!

Here's an excerpt of life with a 15 year-old who has a different perspective on life. Actual conversation:

Kelly: (getting in the car) 'Mom, I have a permission slip for a field trip with the chess club to play at Conestoga on Monday'

Me: 'Wow....that sounds good'. 

Kelly: 'We got a scouting report on them and they're pretty good' (this is where Burkie almost fell out of his chair laughing when this conversation was replayed at the dinner table)

Me: (after a few minutes of silence, deciding whether I should mention the following...) 'But you don't play chess'.

Kelly: 'I know - the teacher said it's no problem. I've tried it a few times...I'll figure it out'.

I wish I had more of this naive confidence that everything will be ok in the end.

I'll leave you with this from pinterest.......peace.






1 comment:

Consuelo said...

I sew love that girl!