Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good Evening Girls,

This is quilt weather! I hope you tuck under one tonight. AND, I hope you've been able to stitch on one also. ; )

Work has been work. I MISS Summer Break. But, we're surviving.

I have been stitching on my Amaretto Rose project. I tried using a Japanese creasing tool & Elmer's School glue to prepare applique shapes. It worked! These are 2 new or newer techniques for me. Whatever works, right?

Enjoy your week & this glorious weather!
Piecefully, Pam

2 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

I'd like to take a look at the creasing tool. For my summer hand applique pieces, I've been using a glue pen and my little Clover iron - with freezer paper templates on the right side of the fabric. I'd like to see if that's easier - can't wait to see it. You're right - work is work but what can we do? This weather is absolutely wonderful. Love sleeping in it. How is Kevin doing? Hope everyone is well and enjoying the week. Have to check next week's sports schedule, etc. and I'll blog if I can host. Pam - you were going to demo the pillowcase from Barb, right? That's all for now....piece.

sewpam63 said...

Girls, If you click on the "quilterbuzz" link, this will give you good Quilt Show information & be a guide/resource for what to expect from the upcoming Houston Show. : )

I can still do a pillowcase demo if you girls are interested. Just be ready - bring the prepped fabrics to make a pillowcase, with the decorative trim & header pressed in half lenghtwise. You will need to brings pins too! This will be a visual. If there is a sewing machine set up - you can whip up your pillowcase! ; )

TGIF!!! Have a nice weekend!
Piecefully, Pam