Monday, September 1, 2008

Good morning, girls! Happy Labor Day! Can you believe summer is wrapping up? It seems like we just celebrated July 4th...what about all those home projects I was going to do? And my intention to take the girls downtown to see the Liberty Bell and Constitution Center? Ah, well.....next year, I suppose. We had some happy and sad things happen in our extended Quiltmama family this summer. As we head into fall, some of us are starting new adventures, returning to jobs, sending the kids off to school again or continuing on our current path. I'm thankful for our good health and also the recovery of those who have had some recent bumps in the road. I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day. We have some fun things coming up this fall (and another little baby)......here's to our colorful future quilts and learning from each other. Burkie is starting school on Wednesday night so I can host if anyone wants to come on over. Hope to see you and catch up on life. Piece.....

PS - Burkie won the Golden Spatula - there will be no living with him this year!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Congrats to Burkie - way to go! I am so thankful for the Quiltmamas and the gift of each and everyone of your friendship. I don't think I could have made it the last 2 years without you. Looking forward to Wednesday night - hope to see everyone. Have a good night.

sewpam63 said...

Jean - thanks for offering to host us tomorrow evening. You're right, where DOES the time go...?! Kudo's to Burkie for winning that coveted Golden Spatula!!! What was his winning dish? Piecefully, Pam