Monday, October 5, 2009

Silent Knight...

Hello, girls....how was the weekend? Lovely weather! Pam - your decorations are terrific! Check out her blog if you haven't seen them. How is Billy feeling? Did the banjo make him feel better? A housekeeping note - I'll host this Wednesday. Consuelo - I know you have to pick up from CCD - but I hope you can come by afterwards. Missed you and the DeMarcos at Red & White day. Joe Byrnes was the star of the day - just ask Sean McCabe! I went to a high school open house yesterday - OY! How can that be? Where is my little girl that ran around the backyard for hours and how can she be contemplating high school? We had another momentous happening at our house yesterday - it started when Kelly and I were headed home from church at 10:00. We passed a house around the corner that had put out a big Yard Sale sign - and there it was - a suit of armor! I have wanted one of these since forever - no idea why. I loved the movie Excalibur and the armor room is my absolute favorite part of the Art Museum. Anyhow - I walked into the house and said to the fam - 'Birthday present alert! There is a suit of armor around the corner and I covet it!' Erin and Kelly walked around and asked how much it was. A cell phone call to Dad followed and they decided that I was worth the $50. He drove around in the van. When he got there, a camera crew was there and asked if they could film he and the girls making the purchase - apparently this guy and his house are going to be featured on some HGTV show about first time buyers or sellers or something. Burkie had just come back from jogging with Erin and was looking very spiffy(unshaven, sweaty and crazy hair)! So - they're going to be on some upcoming episode and look who has come to live with us:




Isn't he awesome - he's just about my height. I have to give him a name, of course. I considered Sir Rantsalot - a nod to the current menopausal period in my life. But, I think he deserves something really snazzy. I'm open to suggestions - and you can be sure 'O Holy Knight' will probably make an appearance on our Christmas card this year. They all groaned but I think it's hilarious! Anyhow....hope you're having a decent Monday - and see y'all on Wednesday....piece.

8 comments:

Consuelo said...

Jean, I sew needed that smile. Congrats on the totally awesome present. I can't wait to see it. I'll have to dwell upon some names. Unfortunately, I am still in very lovely West Virginia. Bill and the two boys headed home yesterday while Billy and I spent some time in the emergency room. He's doing much better and I hope to be northbound tomorrow. Sing along with me Mamas....Country road, take me home, to the place, I belong Pennsylvania. Central Avenue. Take me home country road......Hope to see ya'll on Wednesday night!

lois said...

Jean, what an awesome gift. I love it. See you Wed.

sewpam63 said...

Mo - hope Billy is feeling better!!! Come home soon Mama!!!

Jean - BEST gift E-V-E-R!!! ; ) And, captured on film no less. This will live in infamy.

Hope to see everyone on Wednesday... Meanwhile, take care all!

Dolores said...

Mo I hope Billy is feeling better what a nightmare. Jean love the present. Hope all is well with all the Mama's. See you all on Wednesday.

Lori said...

Jean--as the kids would say or text...OMG!!!! I can't believe you found that between your house and church!! What a great gift!! Can't wait to hear what show Burkie and the girls will be featured on. First Pleasant Rd now the Burkes featured on HGTV!! Maybe the QM bee will be featured next!!!

Mo---hope Billy is feeling better and you get home safely!!

Hope the international travelers get home safely also.

Fitz is in Oregon for the week. Will try to make it on Wed.

Have a great day!

Consuelo said...

Mamas you can all breathe a sigh of relief. Consuelo is home. Hope to see you tomorrow night for a short time!

Cathy said...

Maureen -glad to hear your home. Hope all is well. See everyone tomorrow night...can't wait. Jean -love the birthday gift!!

LA said...

Jean - I love the newest member of your household. That is so funny! I'll miss you guys tonight...again! Mo - how's is Billy feeling? Lois - Did you get your trip booked? Dolores - will you please think about renting Joe out for kids birthday parties? Maybe Rocky could be his side-kick! Cathy - Tell Kerry I was asking for her. Hope her classes are going well. Lori - Enjoy your day Friday! Pam - How is work? Hope everyone is hanging in there! See you soon...enjoy the fall weather! Love, LA