Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A sunny Wednesday

Hello, ladies! A beautiful day out there today - hope you get out to enjoy some of it. A very nice bee last night - it seems like forever since we've seen each other. Cathy and Dolores - you were missed! Please say you both are coming to Brigantine!!! Consuelo - thanks so much for bringing the cake - a delicious treat! Mare - fabulous to see you after your European jaunt! Enjoyed the wine stories - why don't we have places like that here. Can you imagine how much wine we would drink? I added a link to the Canterbury quilt blog on the left....her red Aunt Millie quilt is really something and looks great on her table. What a cool idea! Pam - Houston sounds like it was a fun and somewhat stressful time. And thanks for the insights into kaFFe - as he has been imortalized. Your diamond colors are beautiful! Keeping Mama Barb and Grandpa in our prayers. LA - glad you're having fun with Olivia. You are the oldest sister and the godmother(?) - so let's get that date squared away because Brigantine beckons - we all truly look like we can use it. Lois will be winging her way to Seattle in a few hours to see those cute grandkids! Hope you and George have a ball! I'm sorry I didn't snap a picture of your cute pillowcases. The Donovan quilt you had last time is for Christmas, is that right? Looking foward to your pictures and stories when you come back - and so glad you're planning on the shore weekend!! Lori picked up a kit at the Oaks show and brought the top last night - isn't it terrific? Lor - the blues really pop out of the picture - and you added those, right? Nicely done!


This is the tumbler top I hand-pieced while I was down the shore. Mare suggested I hand quilt it - and it's about half done. Erin wants to hang it in her room.



Here's the dodge ball quilt I finished as a wedding gift. I enjoyed making it - and below is a detail of the machine quilted flower I put in each block.






Did I forget anything? There was much flu discussion - Gerry is feeling better thankfully. Pam - enjoy your class tonight. Phils at 8:07 - one win away from the World Series - very exciting! More hand-quilting during that game - it helps my nerves! Safe trip, Lois. See y'all soon. Let the countdown begin - B minus 16 till shore weekend! Yahoo!!!! Piece....


8 comments:

Cathy said...

Ladies - I am definately in for the shore!! Miss everyone.

Dolores said...

Hey mamas, sorry I missed last night, I've been fighting a cold for the last week and I didn't want to share it with you guys. I'm in for the shore. See you all soon.

Consuelo said...

Yeah!!!!

Consuelo said...

Mama J.....just wanted to make sure you were aware of the new suit of armor at the Art Museum. It's in the paper today!!!! I think I heard they're thinking of naming the horse Jean's Prize....

quiltmamajb said...

I showed it to Burkie and told him what a deal he got! They paid a whole lot more than he did - and the horse may have been a little showy in our living room - just sayin'! Wonder if he and Sir Rantsalot knew each other back in yonder day?? See you....

sewpam63 said...

Such a nice Bee, girls. Thanks. : ) I am SEW looking forward to Brigantine!!!

LA said...

I think I'm in for the shore!!! So far, so good...Olivia is on her way back to VA Beach. Thank God for SKYPE!

We can't let the month end without celebrating one more birthday...Jean, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow! Stay dry and have John do all that running around for you! haha!

Enjoy the weekend everyone! Love, LA

Cathy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEAN!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!