Sunday, November 9, 2008

Good Afternoon Girls,

Hey, didn't it FEEL good to see the sun shine today?!  I was just about to grow webs between my toes...  We worked outside some.  Scott is trying to finish up the last window, & Jingle & I raked leaves!

Ladies Night @ Sacred Heart sounds pretty darn GOOD!!! What's Peggy bringing for the craft table...?!  Glad to hear LA is going for a bit too.  ; )  Sorry I can't be-e there on Friday.  I've been busy getting ready for it though.  I whipped up some flannel (oooohhh!) Holiday pillow cases & finished the little, red origami purse too.  Staples had the price tags - thanks Jean!, & I bought (the wrong) safety pins a while ago that are coming in real handy now!

Are we having Bee this week?  I can host if anyone is interested, or if Jean or Cathy can't. Tuesday or Wednesday would work here.  We could price items if needed & give them to whoever will be setting up @ Sacred Heart.  Also, I have Marianne's foot pedal to her sewing machine.  Cath, I tried her foot pedal on my sewing machine & it WORKED...?!  Did you try it on yours?  Your foot pedal worked on her machine down the shore, right?  I was going to try my foot pedal on her machine next...  So, where this is going?!  If Cath or Mare has Bee this week, I'd like to bring along foot pedals to try out.  Did you get all that or am I having "crazy conversation" that's hard to follow...?!

I made some changes to our blog links, etc. girls.  Pat Sloan's blog is now actually a link to her blog & NOT her newsletter!  I've added Heather Bailey's blog too.  I also have added the Pincushion Boutique to our shopping links (Mare - do you need me to send a separate link to you in an email?).  And, has anyone used the "ruby slippers" to check out the Houston Quilt Festival? Jean, did you check out the Gee's Bend exhibit via our blog by chance...? Does anyone use the link to Nancy Halvorsen?  Are there other blogs, shopping sites or web interests you'd like to see added to our blog, ladies?

I got my flu shot on Friday.  My arm still hurts!  Take care, girls & have a good week.  : )  Enjoy your evening. Maybe have a cup of tea & sew a little.
Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Girls....I'd be happy to host on Tuesday night....we can do the foot pedal dance if Mare can come. Stopped by McCabe's on Saturday - they're back in their house - it's awesome! Welcome home! I got my flu shot last week too - it did hurt for a few days - what's up with that? I looked at the Gee's Bend times - haven't heard from anyone about days yet - I'm thinking about next weekend - 21st or 22nd? Can't wait to check out Pincushion Boutique today at work - thanks, Pam. Enjoy the day, ladies......piece.

mari1959 said...

Hey Guys,
Can I drop my machine at Jean's..Nicole has to go see a show for school and she picked GEE Bend play at the Arden Theatre. Bonding time....Jean I can go to the museum anytime Saturday. Let me know.

Cathy said...

I think I can make it Tuesday night. Congrats to the McCabe's - no place like home. Believe me - I know flu shots hurt, but it hurts me more to give them. I give the flu shots to my staff and I never realized how many tears were shed over shots. Have a good night.

sewpam63 said...

Jean - thanks for offering to host this evening. : ) If Mare drops off her machine @ your place, I'll bring her foot pedal & mine. Cath - if you come tonight, would you mind bringing along your foot pedal too, please? I just can't quite figure it out...

I'll bring things for Ladies Night @ Sacred Heart too.

See you this evening. Stay warm - quilt!!!

Hey! Congrats McCabes!!! : ) Wahoo!!!
Piecefully, Pam