Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hello Quilt Mama's!

Is everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving?  Do you cook or go to someone else's home?  What traditional things do you & your families do?  Do you make a turkey?  Do you stuff the bird or serve dressing on the side?  Do you have that green bean casserole?  What about pies? Pumpkin, mincemeat, pecan or some other kind of dessert altogether?  Is there football watching afterwards?  Do you sit around the table & talk, play games or sew for a bit?

I know some of us have had changes in our family dynamics, & this might be the first Thanksgiving or holiday to feel those changes.  I will be thinking of each one of you & your families.  My Mom is going to Ken's daughter's home for Thanksgiving.  Scott & I celebrate in our own crazy schedule kind of way, but not on Thursday, as is the tradition.

I have a pumpkin roll to make.  There's a 16+ lb turkey thawing in our downstairs fridge.  We will have stuffing IN the bird.  And, I'll make gravy, smashed potatoes & a vegetable.  We will celebrate Thanksgiving here @ Mt. Pleasant on either Friday or Saturday.

Whatever your plans are...may they be filled with LOVE, gratitude, a nice glass of wine or cup of tea & some kind of stitching too.  : )  Thanks for blessing me with your friendship.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING Quilt Mama's!

Piecefully, Pam  

3 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Hello, mamas! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I love this holiday. I just have to make muffins and go to my Mom's - awesome. I hope everyone enjoys time with family and friends - and just gets a chance to relax and take a breath - before the Christmas craziness begins. Pam - I love the hand applique work you have ready. I've been reading Megan's blog and am blown away by her Piece 'O Cake blocks. The colors are terrific. I'm hoping to gets lots of work done on Christmas gifts his weekend - and maybe get to the movies. Take it easy, girls.....I'm thankful for each and every one of you! Piece....

Cathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the quiltmama families. I am very thankful for all of you and all of your support each and everyday. Enjoy the beautiful day.

mari1959 said...

Hey Ladies,
At the DeMarco household we will be having our traditional Italian Thanksgiving---Antipasto,followed by Italian wedding soup, followed by homemade gnocchi along with many glasses of wine and finally--homemade pumpkin, coconut custard pies and brownines...I'm already stuffed just thinking about it. After dinner most of my children with go on to their boyfriend or girlfriend house for more dessert... So, I'm hoping maybe alittle sewing?? I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and as Pam always reminds us take time for yourself today and be thankful for what great women we are !!!