Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hello, girls! The trip to the Art Museum today was a success! The exhibit was wonderful. We got there a little early and soaked up some art culture just wandering around. It was pretty much decided that we weren't big fans of the contemporary art, admiring instead the many Large Bathers! A lot of naked people......the Gee's Bend quilts were just amazing. We're all looking at corduroy a little differently now. The tour was great - very informative. And we had a lovely, grown-up lunch in the cafeteria. A very nice time...thanks for going. Lori - how is the family doing? Is Lindsay feeling better? We missed the mamas who couldn't come. During lunch, we talked about a sewing day/morning before Christmas.....a time to work on some gifts uninterrupted. Saturday, December 13th - how does that work? It's possible we may have it at Sacred Heart in the cafeteria - and if not there, at Casa Consuelo. We can talk about time, etc. a little later. Hope everyone has some nice Thanksgiving plans lined up. I have two school conferences on Tuesday night - so I cannot host. I made a ridiculously easy gift tonight - it's a little pouch that snaps closed and holds a gift card - really cute and I'm happy to share the pattern and directions....let me know if you want a copy and I'll drop it off. Have a lovely Sunday - hope it warms up just a bit. Take care....piece.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm sorry I also have a conference on Tuesday evening. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for the gift of friendship with the quiltmamas. I am very lucky.
The Gee Bend exhibit was incredible. Jean - I would love a copy of the little pouch. Thank you.

sewpam63 said...

So...SEW glad those who could, went to the Art Museum to see the Gee's Bend quilts!!! Were you inspired? I LOVE the purity of the quilts & their folk art quality. Plus, I think the WHOLE Gee's Bend story is pretty gosh darn amazing! I marvel @ the power of women...!!! ; ) Enjoy your day & keep warm!
Piecefully, Pam

Dolores said...

Had a wonderful time on Saturday, I also loved the story behind the quilts, it was very inspiring. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. You are all in my prayers all the time, and I am very lucky and thankful to have you in my life. See everyone soon.