Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day

A cloudy and cool last day of summer in these parts. Hope eveyone had a nice long weekend...check out Piecefully to see Pam's latest work. Dolores - you are most certainly not a loser! In fact, you are the Quiltmama trivia winner! The first quilt was yours and the second one was made by Lois. Those pix were from February 2006 - how about that? Coming up on four years! OY! Did you get to the movies today? A great day for it. We had our cookoff yesterday - and Burkie did not retain his title. Nick won with a cheesesteak stromboli. We had 7 cooks this year -the most we've ever had and everything was great!! Lois - how's the newest appliance working out? LA - how was the backyard campout? Back to school this week....I don't feel like I'm ready for that routine yet - but, it's coming anyhow. A good day for stitching - I was sitting on the porch for a while finishing a binding. I can host this Wednesday if everyone is back in town - you are most welcome to come by. I think I feel a nap coming on.....hmmmmm....take care, girls.....piece.

3 comments:

sewpam63 said...

A Wednesday Bee sounds good, Jean. ; ) I could stand a little estrogen boost.

Sorry to hear that Burkie lost his title. Seven contestants is pretty stiff competition. Sounds like the food was de-lish!

How are all the students doing? College, school or otherwise?! It is That time of year!

Hope you all enjoy a Labor(free) Day! ; )

Micki said...

Glad that you had a lovely weekend. The bee does sound good. I got to a Wednesday night quilting bee every week. They are such fun!
Micki

Lori said...

Hey girls,
Hope all is well. We've been down the shore since Thurs. reluctantly arrived back home last evening.
Pam--your quilt is beautiful!!HOpe to see some of it in person at bee.
Jean--I am hoping to get to bee tonight. Varsity has a soccer scrimmage so we'll see...maybe it'll rain.
I put the borders on my army quilt hoping to bring it to bee tonight...maybe get it layered??!!
Have a great day.