Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last day of 2009...

This is it, girls......Happy New Year's Eve! LA - must thank you for the great time last night - and thanks to Gerry too! Such a nice party. The food was awesome and the company was exceptional. It was so nice to sit and chat and catch up with everyone. We all got such wonderful gifts - Lois - were you out in the garden trying your tools this morning? A lot of laughs......we are so lucky to have each other. I wish you all good health and good luck in the new year. Here's to a lot of laughs and good times and beautiful quilts with the Quiltmamas!! I will post some pictures when I get them. In the meantime - here's the dip recipe - or as I'm calling it - Crack on an apple.

1 pkg cream cheese
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 container apple caramel dip (from the produce section)
3 Skor bars

Beat cream cheese and sugar. Spread it thinly on a platter. Heat the caramel slightly (15-20 seconds in microwave)
Spread it on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the chopped Skor bars on top. ( I had refrigerated them - and then pounded on them still in the wrappers - a good stress reducer.)

Enjoy 'mamas! Piece......

3 comments:

Consuelo said...

Happy New Year Mamas!

Peggy said...

I am so sorry I missed the Mama's bash. It sounded wonderful, my mom was not doing well so I hung with her and my dad. Someday my life will calm down and I will re-unite with the best group of ladies I have ever met. Hopefully I will see you all soon, do you ever have quilt Mama's on a Tuesday, if you do please let me know, I will try and make it then.

quiltmamajb said...

PEGGY!!!!!! Good to hear from you kiddo! You are missed - and we will definitely let you know about any Tuesday bees. Happy New Year to you and your family. Piece....