Friday, November 30, 2007

Good Morning Girlies,

TGIF!!! ; ) Dress warmly, it's chilly outside! It's starting to "feel" Christmas-y...

Speaking of which, we are thinking of getting our Christmas tree this weekend. This is the FIRST year in over a decade that we didn't get a tree Thanksgiving weekend. Scott's back has been problematic in the fluctuating weather & temperatures. We usually would drive out to York, choose a tree in the field & cut it down. Scott is NOT able to do the drive, but is still considering the choosing & cutting down option, or not... Not being familiar with any Christmas tree places in this area - does anyone have a recommendation? And, what prices might we expect to pay for a tree here? Any help would be appreciated, you group of QM elves!!!

Jean - glad to hear you stopped in @ Cloth & Bobbin! Did you drop off your Pinwheel quilt?! And, did you buy apron fabric?! Keep us posted on your project!? Glad you're finished teaching for the semester!!! Hooray - freedom...!!!

Cath - you were @ Cloth & Bobbin too! Way to SEW. ; ) Glad you dropped off your TATW quilt! I am SEW proud of you!!!

Thanks Jean & Cath for seeing my Mystery quilt in Johanna's store front window & admiring it. I am REALLY glad I actually finished that project. It will go to a good home for Christmas. : )

I have officially begun work on Natalie's baby quilt. It will be a Star baby quilt, but with different colored stars than the first one I did. I will have to wait for a fabric delivery from Hancock's to begin sewing, but I am making Templar stars in colors like soft blue, lavender, honey dew, & melon. I hope they like it...?!

What projects are you working on? How is your Christmas sewing coming along? Enjoy your weekend, be festive & have FUN!!!
Piecefully, Pam

1 comment:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - the pictures are really nice! Thanks....makes me want to go back down and sew! Put a Christmas tree on my apron last night - have to decorate it and finish it up. Need to get started quilting the Irish cottages - that's going to be a fair amount of work. Hope to do a lot in between basketball games and cleaning this weekend. Can't help you with the tree info - I'm allergic. Ours is in the attic! Hope everyone has a nice weekend - weather doesn't sound too nice for Sunday - have to get Burkie out there raking tomorrow! Take care all....Piece.