Thursday, November 19, 2009

Only 7 days till turkey!

Hello, girls.....happy One Week till Thanksgiving! A relatively quiet, calm bee last night....Pam - hope your class went well. Those ladies must be moving right along. Dolores, LA and Consuelo - missed you. Hope all is well in your houses. LA - how was the Christening? Consuelo - Billy comes home tonight, right? They say the first homecoming of freshman year is a tough one. Dolores - what's new with you? Lori was sewing down a variegated binding on the star quilt she quilted down the shore. It looks terrific. Lois has put some beautiful green borders on her Sweet Treat. George said they match - and they do! And she put neat borders on the pretty table topper square she was working on in Brigantine....very pretty flowers! Cath is relieved to have her paper turned in - and plans to catch up on blogs, maybe sew a little and just generally exhale. Mare got her furniture moved upstairs - Joe came through - but overall, things are quiet in casa DeMarco. I put borders on the running quilt - and am determined to piece the back tonight and layer it. I can't host next week - so may not see you ladies until after Thanksgiving. Next Wednesday evening from 4 to 8, there is an Oakmont Village Harvest Festival in the Oakmont section of Havertown - I've heard neat things about it and want to check it out. It's where they have the Farmer's Market during the summer months. Also - I mentioned that I came across some neat recipes for cookies on Betty Crocker website - that use the cookie mix bags and add goodies. Here's the link. Let me know if you try any. Anyone know where to purchase felted wool? A few of the free patterns from the Cross Country Blog Hop were for wool projects and I'd like to give it a try - it's something I can do at lunch or while waiting at practice or something. I'm sure I'll think of other stuff after I publish this...but that's it for now. Wanted to say thanks to Pam for posting such great pictures from the Houston show. It's like a little treat every day. Take care, ladies.....piece.

4 comments:

sewpam63 said...

Thanks for the Bee update, Jean! ; ) Also, thanks for the info about the Harvest Festival over at Oakmont. Sounds interesting enough to check out! I have our 'Thanksgiving' turkey in the oven!!! We are such non-traditionalists...! Felted wool...hmmm, I have some from various Quilt Shows, Momma Barb gifts and some I made myself. I've bought old suits, etc from thrift shops, chopped it apart, laundered it and then tossed it in the dryer. Works to shrink, tighten and 'felt' the fibers. Enjoy your weekend Mamas and the nice weather!

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - hope you and Scott have a lovely dinner today! You certainly have a beautiful day for it - are you going to eat in the backyard? Have a nice weekend, mamas. Piece....

Dolores said...

I want to wish all of you and your families a wonder Thanksgiving. We will be taking a Joe Byrnes road trip to Williamsburg VA and will be celebrating Thanksgiving in a restaurant. Happy Turkey Day! See you all soon

Consuelo said...

Have a great time Dolores and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all my Mamas!!