Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pre-shore post

Hello, girls.....a hectic bee tonight. Lots to talk about and I thought of like three things after y'all left that I wanted to mention. Pam - you will be missed over the weekend - but Scott and Barb will be so grateful for your love and support. And thanks for the Halloween stories and the 'church mouse'! May he change denominations and be gone soon! Shelby obviously missed the boat when they were handing out the mouse-catcher genes! And many thanks for the soup - your praises will be sung, trust me. Lois - welcome back - and on a red-eye no less. Hope you're caught up on your sleep. Mare - sorry you had to duck out early. Hope your friend is ok. Consuelo - you were missed and spoken of highly when we discussed those little snacks you made with the chips and salsa...hint, hint.....Lori signed a contract to have her house ripped to shreds and rebuilt over Christmas while John goes skiing in Switzerland (totally making up that last part!) Good luck with the addition. Cath - hope class was bearable - and you're one week closer - gotta love that. Here's the tentative list of who is bringing what - and chime right in if you notice something missing...

Mare - ironing board, iron, pizza for Saturday dinner, ipod player, power strip

Jean - ironing board and iron, card table, TP, paper towels and paper plates

Consuelo - see above - and other snacky stuff, chips, pretzels, etc.

Lois - sweets, cookies, candy - anything that strikes your fancy and has copious amounts of sugar!

Lori - french toast cassarole

Dolores - breakfast pizza (JOE BYRNES), and an extra light/lamp

LA - wine and/or spirits, dinner rolls for the soup, tea bags, diet iced tea and the disappearing nine patch that wasn't

Cath - how about a case of water, some diet soda - and would you be able to drive? LA's car is leaking

And anything else you can think of - a nice dessert? Remember your sleeping bags if you want to bring em - and a towel. We're mostly all leaving on Friday morning. Want to pick a rendezvous point and time? Mare's house at 9:15 - is that ok? Too late, too early? Drivers are myself, Maureen and Cathy? I won't have the van - but Burkie's car holds a lot of stuff. Dolores is going to try to get out early and be down before dark. Only two more working days....yahoo! Must get some sleep......piece.

8 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

See - I forgot one of the things already....Pam - your Halloween/October block is awesome! Girls - check it out on Pam's blog if you haven't seen it. In a league of its own....also - there's a Cross Country blog hop thing going on - lots of free Christmas patterns and stuff - info on Pat Sloan's blog and a few others. Also - the winter Quilts and More magazine comes out November 10th. Think that's really it.....piece.

Cathy said...

I would be more than happy to drive. Only thing - I'm coming home early Sunday....homework. I will bring water, diet soda and whatever else you need me to bring.

mari1959 said...

Joe Byrnes made the paper...The Inquirer--think it was the front page of sec B...new traffic pattern.

quiltmamajb said...

Nice shot of Pacilio's right on the front page of the local section. Hey - does he need us to protest, carry signs, lay down in front of bulldozers - anything like that? I'm in....what's up for tomorrow? Are we meeting at Mare's? At 9:15? Lois - is George going to drop you off or do you want me to pick you up? I was going to head over Pam's around 8:45 to pick up the soup - just let me know. I am so excited - just 24 hours till we're 'on the road again'. Takes away some of the sadness for the Phillies' loss. Cath - thanks for driving....enjoy the day, ladies. Mare - can you let me know about the paper plates - I'm going shopping for my stuff tonight between karate drop-off and pickup. Thanks. Piece...

mari1959 said...

I HAVE PLENTY OF PLATES, NAPKIN AND
KNIVES-FORKS AND SPOONS...

lois said...

Jean, George will drop me off. See you all tomorrow. Do you want me to stop to pick up the soup?

quiltmamajb said...

Lois - that would be great! I'm going to the beginning of the 8:30 Mass because Kelly is doing a reading - so that would really save me some time....thanks! Looking forward to seeing you......

Cathy said...

Lori - I'll pick you up at 9:00, LA 9:05 - then to Mare's see everyone tomorrow.