Saturday, October 25, 2008

Good Soggy Evening Girls,

I hope Lois & George are in Washington State by now!!! I bet they're having FUN with the "kids." : ) Do you think the sock monkeys made it ok...?!

So, I have begun the pre-Houston cRaZiNeSs!!! It actually started Thursday night. Scott has learned he needs to tie a string around me to keep me from flying all around when I'm about to travel or do something SUPER EXCITING!!!

One of the things I like best to do @ the Beach is FLY kites!!! The first time Scott & I made reservations to go to the Beach, I was SO, SO excited!!! It had been 7 years since I had been to the Beach, or had a vacation. I was packed & ready to GO!!! I was practically sleeping in the car the night before we were set to leave. Well, during that whole experience, Scott learned first hand the need for a string, a kite string! ; ) The phrase & idea of tying a string around me just "stuck." Scott's Mom will call or email & ask, "Does Scott have the string out yet...?!" Funny how some things stick. : )

Boonie Barb called this morning. She's wishing us Houston FUN & sending + juju. She & Charlie are in Keene, NH for a BIG Pumpkin Festival!!! They carved a pumpkin & added it to the tower...

Is the 3rd game of the World Series a wash out...? I heard there was a rain delay. Lots of people lost power in our neighborhood & surrounding areas. We've had an occasional flicker or blink, but we haven't lost power. I lit candles! Which happens to include the jack-o-lantern on our front porch.

Are your kids ready for Hallowe'en?! What are they going to dress as or be?!

Enjoy your night & stay dry!
Piecefully, Pam

P.S. Check out some new links I've added. There are some new blog links, there are some Houston links, etc. For those Quilt Mama's not making the Houston trip, when the Festival begins, you will be able to click on the Ruby Slipper link for a peek @ Festival...they usually put up the BIG winner's & sometimes will do pod casts or video casts live from the Convention Center floor.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Quiltmamas - I hope you have a great time in Houston. Please take lots of pictures and bring home lots of stories. Safe trip and have fun.

LA said...

Hi everyone, Safe travels to and from Houston! Jean, Hope you had a Happy Birthday on Friday!Looking forward to seeing everyone when you return! Love, LA