Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hello Girls,

I've been tweaking the blog settings a little.  One of the things I did was to make the print bigger. Does that make a difference for anyone?  Should it be bigger still?

I needed to do a blind hem on 2 of the pants I hemmed yesterday.  I have the WORST time figuring out how to do that!!!  Press, pin, fold, sew - on WHAT?!  What are you sewing ON?!  How does this work?!  Do I need to pull an ENTIRE pant leg onto the free arm of my sewing machine?! Oh, NO way!?  I read the manual.  I looked in my Sewing Encyclopedia.  Errrgrrrffff!  Google to the rescue!!!  Hooray!!! What did we ever do before the internet...?!

Yesterday when talking with Momma Barb, she gave a sage bit of advice.  She said, if I can give ONE tip to those going to Houston it's this, "Buy it when you see it!  Or, write down the booth number & make a note about what sparked your desire because you will NEVER remember!!!"

I did a bit more work on my Pastel Bubbles project today.  : )  It's feeling better.  What things are you sewing on?!

Enjoy your evening & have a GOOD tomorrow!  Bee this week, girls...?
Piecefully, Pam

11 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Hey....congratulations to Kevin McCabe who was christened today! Way to go, buddy!!! Hope everyone else had a nice day too.....piece!

Lori said...

Hi girls,
Hope everyone had a great weekend!! We were down the shore for the weekend. The weather was fantastic!! We went into OC for the craft show. Lindsay and I did the craft show while John took the boys to the boardwalk. We walked to Calico n Cotton and I have to tell you I was very dissappointed!! I thought since it was the craft show they would have alot of kits etc. Nothing in the way of kits!!! Just as well, I really am saving to spend in Houston.
Pam--the vendor/craft night is Fri. 11/14 from 6:30-10:00pm. $3 admission with a complementary glass of wine or beer and snacks.

quiltmamajb said...

Sorry, girls....I can't host on Wednesday....anyone else? Thanks....

Cathy said...

Girls - I start bereavement on Wednesday. I'm sorry I will be unable to host.

Lori said...

Hi girls,
John will be out of town Wed. so I will be able to host. Please feel free to come by. I missed all the Houston talk and show and tell last week!!!!

quiltmamajb said...

Hey....guess who just called me at work??? Marianne Fons! How about that - she wanted to double check my quilt angel sign-up time. All this stuff was running through my mind to say to her - and next thing you know, the conversation was over....she was very nice - I remember that! I felt like a little kid......piece......

mari1959 said...

How exciting...I never received my letter.

sewpam63 said...

The FUN has already begun!!! Way to go, sew, "angel," Jean!!! ; ) Piecefully, Pam

LA said...

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. Thanks very much for all of the birthday wishes, cards, and the very generous gift I found in my door from all of you! I truly appreciate the gift and most important your friendship. Sounds like everyone is getting excited for Houston! Good luck getting ready. Hope to see you soon. Love, LA

sewpam63 said...

Lor - I don't know if you're still hosting Bee this evening? Or, if anyone is coming...?! I may try to make it! I just got back from the City & we're going to eat dinner. Piecefully, Pam

Lori said...

Pam,
Sorry I didn't see your post until now.(10:15 PM top of the 6th inning of the Phillies game). Jean and Mare came by, they were updating me on the Houston plans and tips!!!