Sunday, July 26, 2009

Good Afternoon Girls,

Going to a movie sounds like the perfect activity for today's weather! And, Harry Potter no less?! How was it, Jean?! What did Erin and Kelly think?! Did Burkie go too? Is he back from Martha's Vineyard? How was his trip?

Don't know about the Cheesesteak Challenge, but it sounds delicious...?! : D And, don't know about the baby shower either, but I am working on a baby quilt. Does that count...? How is the Wedding Quilt coming? Remember, sew it with love NOT frustration (Mo!). What's up with Peggy? I said she "fell" but I didn't mean for real tripping over something and causing an injury!? Dang!

I am sleeping. Some... Things have been ridiculously BUSY around here!!! When this ride stops, DON'T put in another quarter, 'kay?!

I had prepped the 4th block & took it to Lewes on vacation. I was really stumped on how to stitch the butterflies on block #3. Can I tell you just how happy I am now that that block is FINISHED?! Yippee!!! : ) Onto #4!

I machine stitched a label today. Never did that before! I also glue basted it where I wanted it & then machine stitched it in place. I NEED to get 'er DONE!!! Got the back pieced & have the quilt sandwich on the table in the basement awaiting pin basting. I will do that when I get back from walking Jingle later this afternoon. It's cool down there & pinning will be a welcome reprieve!

What's next you ask...?! Why, getting ready for my class (Whirlygigs) with Becky Goldsmith & the Hershey Quilt Odyssey!!! Nope, not standing around slack jawed & flat footed wondering what to do!

Enjoy your afternoon & evening. Keep cool & take a few stitches when you can!
Piecefully, Pam

P.S. Can you see the strip of Sock Monkey fabric?! Isn't it FUN?! ; )

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hey girls,
Hope everyone is having a good summer. Pam--your quilt looks great!! I wish I could drop (and shop) at the Hayloft on Wed. but my aunt (with Alzheimers) passed away and her funeral is Wed. Sorry.

Is anyone going to be at the shore this weekend?? The craft show in Stone Harbor is Sat and Sun. 8/1 & 8/2. If anyone is coming over let me know and we'll leave the driveway open for parking.
Talk soon.

quiltmamajb said...

Hey, girls....happy Monday! The HP movie was great - really enjoyed it. Burkie had a very nice trip and we waited so he could go with us - aren't we nice? Can't wait to see what you make in Becky's class - have fun at the show with Karen and Barb. I can't believe it's nearly August :( Have a nice day girls. I have one more border to put on the blue baby quilt and I can baste. Stay cool...piece.