Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Post #622

Good (Steamy!) Afternoon Girls,

Now that the baby quilt is done & in the dryer, as I blog, there's something I want to talk about with you 'Mama's. I have been blogging here since 10/11/06 and this is indeed the 622 post! Lord have mercy! Who'da thunk...?! While I'm on blog hiatus for the next few days I'd like you to give some consideration to me stepping aside here. Presently, Jean co-authors the blog with me, but I'd like to know if anyone is interested or willing to take over these blog reins in my stead?

I seem to have an interest in developing a personal blog. And, I'd like to try a different blogging site. Neither of these things do I want to do with/to our current blog. This blog isn't mine, but ours! That being said, I would also like you to consider changing our blog name to Quilt Mama's. Piecefully is sort of a moniker that I use, Quilt Mama's is "our" name.

Perhaps I should have offered these changes long ago. Maybe you're surprised by them now. I don't know. Let's "talk" about it, or talk amongst yourselves... Let's see where this may take us?!

Stay cool and stitch!
Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - wow - coming up on three years. That's just amazing. Thank you for all the hard work and time you've put into it - the learning and trying things. It's very cool - and a good place for us to gather 'virtually'. I'd be happy to continue the 'Quiltmama' blog - I'd need a few lessons/pointers from you - posting pictures, links, etc. If anyone else wants to do it too - that would be great. Your personal blog will be terrific. I think you have a lot to offer the quilting world and can easily take your place among some of the better blogs out there. Would you rename this one to become the Quiltmama blog and create your new one from scratch? Or the other way around? I'd be happy to be part of that process - notebook in hand!!! Have a great time in the Becky G class - and enjoy the show. Tentatively, the girls and I are driving up to the show for the day on Thursday and will go on the factory tour and have a look around Hershey while we're there. I'll keep an eye out for you and Barb and Karen. I can't wait to see Pat Sloan. I feel like I know her better than some of the people I work with - what a crazy internet world! Anyhow....keep cool, girls! Safe trip...piece.

Pamela said...

Jean - Hey, thanks for your niceness! : ) I'd be-e happy to give you a sort of blog tutorial. It's not that difficult. I am planning to start my blog from scratch because I think I want to try a different blog site. If it would be alright with everyone, this blog can remain intact as it is, except for changing the name

My Hershey class is 2 full days - Thurs & Fri. On Thurs I have lunch break from noon-2. Feel free to buzz me on my cell if you'd like to try to meet up. ; ) Enjoy the Show, Pat Sloan, & ALL the Hershey fun too!

Lori said...

Pam and Jean--enjoy the show. Let us know what you see and what treasures you purchase.
Pam-- I got my Kona color card yesterday. Very cool.

On the blog note--changing the name and keeping this site is fine with me. I appreciate all the time you both put into blogging. It's sometimes hard to get together physically so the blog keeps us all up to date on the goings on in the quilt mama world.
Thanks!

Cathy said...

Pam and Jean - have fun in Hershey!! Enjoy the show. Thanks for all of the hard work with the blog - it is very much appreciated.
We are heading to the shore on Saturday - so I'll see everyone the following week.