Saturday, April 5, 2008

Good Evening Girls,

How's your weekend going? Mine has been good. : )

Yesterday evening we took Jingle & Jake down to the school fields. That was a first. Usually they just play in Jake's front yard or occasionally in our backyard. At the park they could REALLY RUN & play together!!! It was FUN to watch them! ; )

Today I hung wash out on the line - it dried! I pin basted my Alaska quilt project - hooray! Now, to quilt it... I also worked out in the yard a bit this afternoon...pulling weeds, raking leaves, turning over garden beds & being pleased with earth worms.

Jean - how is your powder room coming along? Did you check out The Christmas Shoppe website? I bought a few things from their booth too. I really liked their patterns & had a difficult time choosing. According to our Quilt Show booklet, next year's Lancaster Quilt Show is scheduled for April 2 - 5. About Houston airfare/tickets. Scott & I had to wait until we were 6 weeks out from Disney before airline tickets were available, but I think you CAN purchase tickets up to 90 days in advance...hmmm, I don't know the answer to your question.

Cath - glad you got your Gumdrops pattern! : ) What will you be working on next?

Lori - hey, GLAD to hear the clear & smoke threads worked!!! WOW, I bet it feels GOOD to have that BIG project finished!!! Wahoo!!!

Dolores - what sewing did you get done while Joe Byrnes was in Disney?!

I did a little sewing on my Pickle Dish project this week. I didn't have to rip out EVERY seam...! I wanted to count & see how many arcs I'd completed. Yeh, 13. I need to make something ridiculous, like 246!!! What, only 233 more to go... I MUST be out of my mind!?!?!? I am also beginning to work on a new hand applique project. It's using a pattern from The Christmas Shoppe booth.

Looking forward to next Friday evening, but feel like I will miss everyone on Tuesday. Enjoy your evening & have a FUN tomorrow!
Piecefully, Pam

I thought this was an interesting twist on a White-on-White quilt. And, I thought the quilting was just gorgeous!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

The weather is so beautiful. I got to sew for a little yesterday and started my Mom's Christmas present. I'm using the charm packs I had to make a disappearing 9 patch. Do you just cut them in half by width and length after you have them sewn into 9 patches? Just making sure. Pam I can't wait to see your Alaska quilt. Lori - can't wait to see your quilt. Looking forward to Friday.
Have a good week.

sewpam63 said...

Cath - I don't have the directions for the Disappearing 9 Patch, but I am pretty certain that you cut them in half both ways, horizontally & vertically. I'll try to insert a link here for directions... Disappearing 9 Patch Sounds like a GREAT gift for your Mom! ; ) Piecefully

Cathy said...

Thanks for the help!!

sewpam63 said...

No problem! ; )