Saturday, April 19, 2008

Good GORGEOUS!!! Morning Ladies,

Isn't it a picture perfect day?! I have wash out on the line!!! Mare - do you too?!

Lois - how is your pond?! How are your garden beds doing?! What's blooming?! Blog & tell us, please!? : )

Last evening I went into the City to attend the Obama Rally. It was REALLY something!!! I've NEVER done anything like this before & didn't know what to expect. I went by myself. It was a beautiful evening. : ) The crowd was MASSIVE, & I was SO impressed with how calm, interested, interesting & supportive EVERYONE was. It was ELECTRIC! Here is a link to the Barack Obama website with an article from 2 Philadelphia newspapers about the event. History was being made - I thought it was a unique opportunity to be a witness & active participant! It makes the hair on my arms stand up!!! Afterward, EVERYONE was chanting O-BAM-A as we streamed out of the field. Cars stopped, honking their horns in approval. It was one of the most magical & inspirational experiences I've ever had. Thanks for allowing me to share this with you. I'm not a zealot, but I am PASSIONATE about this Primary Election & the future of our Country. PLEASE, get out & vote on Tuesday!!!

Enjoy your weekend.
Piecefully, Pam

3 comments:

lois said...

Our little pond is looking real good. We have a lot of fun working on it. We're putting chips around it so grass clippings don't go in the water. We have one giant frog, 2 large gold fish and 3 or 4 smaller gold fish----all of whom made it through the winter in our litte pond. Haven't tilled the garden yet, but am all ready to. I did buy a few tomato plants and a pepper plant. I have seeds for cucumbers, beans,and cantoloupe. I really love this time of year. It's been so nice outside, that I haven't gotten much of anything done inside. We bought an andromeda (?) and planted it today. It is so pretty.
Wow, I'm writing an awfully lot.
Our big news is that our daughter, her husband and kids are coming in May for a visit. So we're super excited about that.
Pam, I like Barack Obama a lot too.

sewpam63 said...

Oh, Lois! Thanks for writing. : ) It's good to hear what's going on in your backyard! Do you have any pictures of your pond to share @ Bee? And, May is just around the corner! It will be GREAT to have your "kids" visit!!! Glad you like Barack too. We need Pennsylvanians to VOTE for him on Tuesday. Sew when you get the chance! Garden while you can - the weather is just perfect for it!!!
Piecefully, Pam

quiltmamajb said...

Lois - your garden sounds lovely! What a nice hobby for you and George to have together. So happy that Kara and family are coming for a visit. You all will have a great time and it'll be here before you know it! Pam - what a cool experience on Friady night - I read about the rally in the paper - it gave me goosebumps. This is really a momentous time in our history - it's a time we'll talk about in years to come. It's exciting for Pennsylvania to play such an important part. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend - yesterday was just picture perfect. I"m cruising along on my four quilts for my students - one is finished! Now three more before Thursday! I'll host on Tuesday evening - it is Peggy's birthday and I'll invite her through email. Hope she can come. Enjoy the rest of the weekend - lookingforward to seeing you gals and your show & tell on Tuesday....piece......