Monday, May 4, 2009

Rainy days on Mondays always get me down...

Does anyone remember the Bill Cosby skit, "It's the Lord, Noah?" That's what this weather feels like... Last Monday we had the A/C on. This afternoon we turned on the heat. I'm with Jean about the locusts! ; )

Lori - I SO thought it was Jean who "commented" the applique questions. Sorry about that! My allergy eyes (& brain) are a bit fuzzy. ; ) Glad if you're having some success with the leaves. Did you watch the Karen DVD I have? If not, let's ask who has it & if you can borrow it too...?! Thanks also for the fruit update. I need to go to the Giant sometime this week.

For those who have tried my steel cut oatmeal recipe. Last week I tried Splenda in place of the turbinado sugar & it worked just fine. I wasn't sure how it would be "baking" in the crock pot for 10 hours. You couldn't tell the difference!

Quilt Market is gearing up in Pittsburgh. Everyone is all a-buzz over it...new patterns, new fabric lines, new notions, etc, etc, etc!!! Karen & Joe will be going as vendor's for their first time ever. I am wishing them good luck! Johanna is going too - as a spectator & buyer! Such fun. It must be like being a kid in a candy shoppe...!?

Jean - thanks for the blog post & links! Purl Bee has had the Sew Green book on their blog. Neat-o, huh?! Now more than ever GREEN seems to really be "in!" How are your shopping bags coming along? Glad to hear you finished the "Student" quilts! I can hardly wait to hear what the Kaffe lover said?! ; )

Dolores - what were you sewing over the weekend? Glad you & Gracie had some quality time together!!! : )

Over the weekend we hung pictures in our *new* bedroom!!! Hammering in a nail was like - YIKES!!! It's starting to feel more like our home! ; )

Here I am "auditioning" greens to use as a vine & for leaves too. We'll see what works best.

Over the weekend I got the snowman & Santa pretty well done. Santa needs eyes yet. Maybe tonight...


Let's "talk" about Applique Class. What day of the week would work best? And, what time of day? Where would be the best place to gather? A Saturday? Morning, afternoon? A Friday evening? Here, Jean's, Cathy's, a rotating home schedule... Let's plan!!!

Alright, I think that does it for now. Time to walk Jingle! Keep dry!
Piecefully, Pam

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello - hope everyone is staying dry. As of right now Kerry is going to have a make up game Wed night - (I think it's supposed to rain), so I can't have bee. Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you soon.

Dolores said...

Pam, I worked on a Penn State T-Shirt quilt for someone in work. I also worked on a quilt for a friend of Alora's or was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. Her Spanish class wanted to have a quilt made for her, with a Merion Mercy T-Shirt on it. She said to just use the two colors on the T-Shirt which are blue and yellow. But, as always I needed more color, so I got together every Batik I own and improvised a little bit,I'll bring it to the next meeting - I love the way it turned out, I just hope Alora does too. I also finished Lois' yellow trip around the world quilt, so I'll bring that along also. And last but not least I started a Harley Davidson T-shirt quilt for the friend of Joe who fixes our cars. I'm BACK!!!! Stay dry

sewpam63 said...

Dolores - you ROCK!!!

Cath - keep us posted about Bee. I'm not sure what it means for the QM's if it rains on Wednesday...?

Scott is sprouting gills. And, I'm beginning to grow webs between my toes!

quiltmamajb said...

I'm in the same boat as Cathy tomorrow night (we could all be in boats by then!) - if it isn't raining, we may have two make-up softball games - and Kelly has karate. I can't say that I'll be here - but I really want to see everyone's stuff! If I find out during the day that stuff is cancelled, I'll post that I can have it and hopefully you can come at the last minute - what do you think? Is that ok? Dolores - you are kickin'! Can't wait to see the Merion Mercy quilt. We can talk about/plan the applique day too. Mare - what do you need for Sunday? Hope everyone is hanging in....piece.

Lori said...

Hi girls,
I can't host tonight either. I need to pick Lindsay up at 7:30 over in Springfield.

quiltmamajb said...

Hey, girls.....Erin only has a game after school - I can host! Hope to see y'all there.....how cute is block #5?? Pam - have you started yours yet? Have a nice, dry afternoon! Piece....

Cathy said...

Girls - I'm sorry I won't be able to make it - I'm sorry I'm missing show and tell. Have fun!!