Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Wednesday. The forecast is calling for storms today - but so far it's just hot and sunny. A lot of laughs at bee last night. Thanks for having us, Cathy. It was fun recapping the wedding and reception. Mare - give you a lot of credit for your somewhat painful prep. The thought is still making me wince - will provide details on Sunday for those who weren't there last night. LA - we missed you. How was the game? Did you guys get wet? Did you stay for the whole thing? It turned out great! Lois - how are you? Saw that you quilted your applique block - can't wait to see it. Hope you're able to come on Sunday - please bring it! We talked a bit about Sunday - it's pretty laid back - about noonish - and Consuelo says plan on staying through dinner (if you can). We're going to bring appetizers/munchies and sweets. Please blog about what you're bringing so we don't duplicate. You can bring one or the other or both. Mentioned it again to Burkie this morning as I'm sure he didn't retain it from the last time I told him. Anyhow - he is disappointed to be missing all the good food at the Quiltmama BBQ - MO - he told me to tell you that you are no longer his favorite Quiltmama. Later on I'm thinking...'Wait a second...I thought I was.....' Speaking of treats - we saw Pam's cupcake block in person - it's even cuter! Way to go, Pam. And the fourth applique block is just as stunning as the others. Have fun in class tonight. Sending you some + juju to get you through these days of work. Hang in there. Lori brought some wonderful sale flannel and she had the blocks from an army quilt she's putting together for a nephew(?). It was fun brainstorming about the layout. Thanks for the opportunity, Lor. Cath had some beautiful fabrics - starting to plan Kerry's graduation quilt. So nice.....I think that's the rundown. On Sunday, we'll look at the calendar and try to pick a Brigantine weekend in November and a Lancaster weekend some time in April. Peggy - hope you can come on Sunday - Mare is going to hound you about it! Make the most of the day, girls....it won't come again. Piece...

4 comments:

Dolores said...

Jean, thanks for recapping - I have a question if you are not Burkies favorite Quiltmama then who is? and can he be bought. I'm going to wait until everyone else says what they are bringing Sunday, then I will decide. Because I have no idea what to bring. See everyone on Sunday

quiltmamajb said...

Dolores - not only can he be bought...his favorite person in the world is the one who is feeding him AT THAT MOMENT! That means, every morning, his favorite person is the Indian guy at Dunkin' Donuts!!! As for his favorite Quiltmama...who knows?? On Sunday, I'm going to bring a chocolate chip dip and an appetizer - I'll figure out what kind and comment soon. Piece...

Anne Sutton said...

You are set up as a noreply. Just go through your blogger account and you'll find a place to enter your email. Then I can answer directly. Have a great day!

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Y'all sound like such a FUN group. I wish you'd post some pictures for the lurkers out here!