Monday, August 24, 2009

Swim (or not) & Sew

Well, girls...the first annual Swim & Sew was outstanding!!! A special thank you to our gracious hostess - Consuelo.



The food was wonderous....where to begin...hmmmmm.... the baked brie, bruschetta, home made pizza, veggies and dip, fruit and dip.....the ziti was awesome and the vegetables were delish! Pam's special kahlua-a-ah milk shakes were a wonderful afternoon treat. After dinner we had some nice sweets too! Brownies, yogurt covered pretzels, chocolate chip dip with cookies....boy, just typing all that made me drool all over again. Good friends and good food - and sewing - does it get any better? I don't think so.....now, on to the projects.

Dolores made this beautiful top from 'just some scraps I had left over' OY! Just gorgeous!



Mare started this a while back just making some squares from scraps - a few of us have fabrics in this baby. And then she started doing leaders & enders - and look at the results. So cool!


Lori is making this quilt for her nephew who is in the army. It's turning out great. One more border (or two) to go!



Lois won the hand applique award. Congrats, Lois. This turned out beautifully! and it's going to hang in the bedroom. Nice! Kara - what do you think?



LA made a lovely baby quilt for her sister's baby who is due in a couple of weeks....this has the softest, yellow minkee-type fabric on the back. It is just yummy. Come on, baby!



Pam was working on her gorgeous hand applique block - this quilt is going to be truly dazzling! She ducked out before I could get a picture of it. Consuelo cut fabrics for two, count 'em, two upcoming quilts. We've created a monster! I did a cupcake wallhanging - it was fitting considering the amount of food I ate!!! A truly wonderful day girls....we decided on a Brigantine weekend - November 7th - put it on your calendars!!!! That's only just weeks away. The Lancaster show is apparently back on (in March?) - but the majority of folks seemed to want to have our Lancaster weekend in April anyhow - we can put on our own show! April 10th or 17th? We can decide at next bee. Thanks again to Maureen and Bill for 'housing' us for the day. Piece, y'all.

11 comments:

Lori said...

Jean--The quiltmama blog banner looks great!!!!Next time we get together we have to remember to use YOUR camera to get a picture of YOUR projects!!! Great job on the blog!!
I did get the last border on before we left last night. I'm very happy with it. Looking forward to getting it layered and quilted.
Had a great time yesterday ladies. Thanks!!!

mari1959 said...

Jean--love the banner. Ladies, thanks for a good time yesterday.

sewpam63 said...

Jean, the banner is WAY awesome!!!

Great job ladies. ; ) Your projects are beautiful!

Cathy said...

Thanks for a great day!! Jean - the banner looks great!!

Dolores said...

Mo thanks for the wonderful day, I had a great time. The movie was way awesome. Quentin Tarantino is a true genius. I looked at the photo both pictures from the wedding and I only have one thing to say "I shoulda worn a Bra! What the heck was I thinking, I will never listen to Sheila Again. Everybody's projects look awesome. See you all soon.

Cathy said...

How do you get the photo booth pictures?

Consuelo said...

I sew wub our new blog banner! Thanks for a great day Mamas...

lois said...

Mo,Thanks for a great sewing day. Loved it and loved seeing what everyone was making and being inspired to do more. Jean, love your banner , and your cupcake squares. Thanks, ladies.

Dolores said...

Joe DeMarco sent them to my email address, I will try to send forward them on to everyone

quiltmamajb said...

Dolores - got the link - thanks. I thought your pictures were great! I liked the 'how many people can we fit in this picture' ones with forty&fifty-somethings! Pretty funny. Mare - further proof of how much fun it was!!! Piece...

Leigh Anne said...

Thanks everyone for a great day on Sunday! I have hope that I will find time to sew...at least once or twice a week...it's a start!! A little sleep at night is proving to be a great thing! I loved the photo booth photos. Funny stuff! See you mamas soon. Love, LA