Sunday, March 2, 2008

Good Afternoon Bee Girls,

How is everyone doing today? I am sorry the weekend is coming to a close. I am liking the SUNshine though!!! : )

Today I finished FMQing the TATW baby quilt that's been on the back burner forever. I got the binding machine stitched too, & used the APQ lumpless binding video...again!!! I LOVE that!!! This week I will work on whip stitching the binding to the back.

Meanwhile, I have the PA Pickle Dish basket back on my sewing table. I will work on machine stitching it when I have time. I have done more ripping than stitching so/sew far! And, I HATE to rip!!!

I talked with Boonie Barb yesterday morning about her BSR. They got 8 inches of snow on Friday + 6 inches earlier in the week. Hello, that's 14 inches of snow - in ONE week!!! NO thank you!!!

I am reading A New Earth. This is the book touted by Oprah to be life/world changing. I even signed up for the webcast that begins tomorrow evening. I've NEVER done anything like this before... Has anyone else read this book?! I also am reading Cesar's Way, to help with Jingle. And, I am still reading the Barack Obama book, Dreams of My Father. Yeh, no light reads here...

T-minus 5 days 'til DISNEY!!! I've been wearing the mouse ears around the house on occasion. They scare Shelby, except for when they're sitting on my sewing or cutting table...?!

Enjoy your Sunday! Have you done any stitching?!
Piecefully, Pam

1 comment:

quiltmamajb said...

Hello, all. Hope everyone's having a nice weekend! In between basketball games, I worked on some Celtic quilt blocks and made a couple of disappearing nine patch blocks - this is a cool trick that a lady in class showed us. I'll show it to you at bee. I can't host this week - I'm sorry. We have track practice till 6:45 - and it's the only night we don't have something - so I'll be doing homework with Kelly. I hope someone else can host - I'd like to pop in and see Pam before her trip. You will have a fantastic time! I was talking with Mare and Peggy the other night and we were talking about the quiltmamas actually quilting. We have so much fun when we get together to do a project or go down the shore. We kind of miss it. So - what are your thoughts about getting together regularly - to actually sew - be it our own projects or a charity project. We could pick, let's say, the first weekend of the month and set it aside. There are a few possibilities on times - one idea is Saturday morning - maybe 9 to 12. Another idea is Friday night - maybe 7 to 10(either one works for me, having very little social life). We could alternate from month to month - Friday and then Saturday. We set out the calendar for the year and then we can semi-plan our schedule around it. It could rotate among our houses. I have a folding six-foot table with a handle that I could bring along. We can make it a teaching thing as well - find out what techniques/tricks we want to learn and discuss them at the meeting. If you don't have anything to work on - you can always bring a few yards of fabric and make some pillow cases for Children's Hospital. I don't want to make it real complicated or a lot of trouble - I know everyone is busy. I'd really like to hear your ideas or thoughts on this. If only a few are interested or can make it, we can still go forward and others are always welcome to come. We could use the Bee calendar to keep track of days, etc. What do you think? Those of us in the guild enjoyed it but have really dropped out because it's not what it used to be. I think this might be fun - and a chance for us to sew together. Hope to hear from everyone, if you get a chance. Take care...spring is apparently springing this week - enjoy!!!! Piece...