Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good morning, girls!! Cath - thanks for having us last night - a small but mighty bunch. First - congrats to Kerry for making O'Hara's varsity softball team!!! Yay!! It couldn't happen to a nicer or more deserving young lady. Cathy has her t-shirt quilt finished - it's awesome - and quite large. Devyn is going to just love it. We set up our first three sewing days - starting in April. Leigh Anne, bless her heart, put it right into her calendar and will blog the dates and times because I will probably write the wrong thing. She also had show & tell - made some lovely green placemats for her MIL for St. Patrick's Day - futher solidifying her status as number one daughter-in-law! And she had some great stash builder fabrics too. Lori had us in stitches about her adventures with parents and buying unnecessary sheets for her mother! OY! Lois is making a neat jacket - looking forward to seeing that finished. Mare let us know how Bill and Joanna are holding up. Keeping them in our prayers. I had my finished Celtic wallhanging top with me - it was a fun project - a little tedious but not bad. We talked briefly about Lancaster - we'll finalize on the Tuesday before the big days. Next week is Holy week - I have to be at Church two nights - one of them being Tuesday (an advance warning, in case there are any strange, unnatural occurrances or acts of God). Cathy cannot host either. The countdown is on....and it has been confirmed in person - Joe Brynes did run into Pam & Scott in Disneyworld. Quiltmama sightings are truly becoming more common - all over the country apparently. How awesome is that!? Piece...

4 comments:

LA said...

Hello girls...here are the sewing dates April 11th - 7-10pm; May 10th - Saturday morning...not sure of the time for this one; June 6th 7-10pm. Hopefully we can squeeze one more in before the baby arrives in early August. If not, BBQ's are always a summer treat! No pressure Maureen...I can do one - we have a hose the kids can use! Just kidding! Hope you are all doing well. I think I will have to enjoy a green milkshake on Monday instead of the usual - green beer. Talk to you soon. 16 days til Lancaster!Pam - In case you are checking the blog...hope you are enjoying your time with Mickey (and Scott)!! Love, LA

LA said...

P.S. - Jean I love your post and the Celtic wallhanging...the Quiltmama sightings are more like special apparitions to the people who see them!
Good ol' Rita loved the placemats! I climb one more rung in the daughter-in-law ladder! Too bad the ladder never ends! It's kind of like a tunnel and you keep trying to find the light at the end.

Consuelo said...

Hi ladies...Sorry I missed last night. I'm sew looking forward to Lancaster. I'm in the process of planning my spa day. Is anyone else interested? La they have special 'Expectant Mothers' massages! I may be going for the entire bolt and getting a massage, facial and pedicure. I'm going to make my appointment for Friday. Let me know if you want to join me.

Lori said...

Hi girls--Just wanted to ask if anyone read the news of Delaware County last night?? A small blurb "DO YOU LIKE QUILTS?" Phyliss (sp?) Manley is having a trunk show and speaking at some library!!! Anyone interested??? Just kidding!!!!
Have a good day!!