Friday, May 2, 2008

Hey Girls,

Wow! It's been GOOD to hear from you guys! : ) I've been wondering how everyone has been doing & what's going on in your lives & homes..?! Thanks for blogging.

I'm glad if my dog walking adventures moved you to write. You just never know...?! Jingle has certainly added a chaos element to our home! ; ) With awe & wonder I can't imagine how you Mom's do it...

Jake IS the dog of the HGTV family. He was groomed in preparation of the BIG event, but he never got any air time, much to his dismay!!! Jingle still wanted his autograph though - a true friend! ; )

So, sew...it looks like next Friday evening we'll be Bee-ing @ Jean's...?! Is that right? I can hardly wait to SEE everyone!

How has Peggy been? Does anyone know?

What about Lori? She's been awfully quiet lately...

LA - We have a list of Contractors that we've called & talked with. If you'd like any names or numbers, let me know. We met with an AWESOME architect last week!!! We are going to meet with another architect tomorrow... Glad to hear about that baby!!! And, you've managed to fit some sewing into your schedule too?! I don't know how you do it...?!

I did go over to Cloth & Bobbin this evening. Of course, it was after dog walking & gardening...I hope my smell wasn't too offensive... I bought some Amy Butler fabs!, a sale fabric that will make a good backing & a thimble too. The shop was BUSY!!! That's excellent!!! : ) Johanna is pretty excited about going to Spring Quilt Market in Oregon!!!

Scott took out one of the garden beds in the back yard this evening. We're trying to minimize Jingle's exposure to bees! Although, Jingle had a BIG, fuzzy, bumble bee in the grass this evening. I swear he makes me sprout gray hair!!! Anyway, while Scott was planting grass seed, I was digging in the vegetable garden. I planted 3 tomato plants - a Big Boy, Celebrity & Roma, along with a couple marigolds. My herb plants seem to be doing well. The peas are beginning to climb their trellis. The lettuces & radishes are flourishing too. YUM!

I planted an old, red, wicker planter with sweet potato vines - 2 chartreuse & 1 purple, 2 coleas - both deep red/purple with a shot of fuchsia in the middle of the leaf & a ruffled chartreuse edge, some pink begonias & a couple snap dragons for good measure too. I know it's a tad early, but Market had a nice selection of plants this morning, & I couldn't wait!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Sew when you get the chance. Browse through a quilting magazine & have a nice cup of tea on the porch when the opportunity presents itself!

Piecefully, Pam

1 comment:

quiltmamajb said...

I was over at Cloth & Bobbin yesterday at lunch - got some cool batiks for a beach blanket for the June class. Pam - did you see the framed applique pieces? Really neat. Glad to hear from you LA - hey, if Gerry needs help with that list, tell him to give me a call - anything to avoid actually cleaning my own house. Looking forward to Friday evening. I put the beach blanket together last night - just have to sew it, turn it and machine quilt. Dolores - you rock! Don't care what time we're going to Houston - as long as we're going. Safe travels in Pittsburgh. I missed the kitchen show on TV - but I saw the picture on the web - very nice. Lois...the countdown is on. What a nice Mother's Day gift! Everyone enjoy the weekend....piece.