Thursday, May 1, 2008

The un-ending tales, errr, tails of Jingle walking...
So, we're walking this evening. Did our first hill & came up around the corner on our way to Jake's house. Jake's family is away today, so I know he's not going to be out, but Jingle doesn't know that. Jake's family is in NY @ the Mets game. We see Mummsy driving by in her little PT Cruiser. Mummsy is Jake's Grandma. I wave & keep walking. Next thing I know there's a LOUD sort of bang which I think is a car backfiring. I turn around to see Mummsy swerving off the curb in front of the "mean & hateful" man's house. She goes around the corner, whappa-whappa-whappa, with a BIG FAT FLAT tire. Uh oh!!! Jingle & I run over to her, she has a grand daughter in the car with her - they're OK. Jingle is COMPLETELY excited...there was a LOUD noise, we're running, there are NEW people & we seem to be making quite a commotion!!! Alright, everyone is unhurt, I RUN home (with Jingle) to get Scott! Hurry up!!! Mummsy has a flat tire & needs HELP! We have Mummsy pull her car into the driveway of a neighbor & we're working @ finding the spare tire. Got the jack, but we need the owner's manual to find the spare tire... Jingle is tied to a nearby sign & he starts barking. Uh, that's NOT helping! Mummsy is upset. She's had a bad day - the dryer didn't work, the light bulb is out, NO toilet paper in the bathroom, no milk or bread in the house!!! She was taking her grand daughter to McDonald's for dinner. And now THIS!?!?!? It's wet, Scott's on the ground changing the tire, an old gent comes out to lend support, & I'm consoling Mummsy & her grand daughter & giving Jinlge the hairy eye every now & then. Done! Mummsy drives back to Jake's house & the grand daughter walks. Scott is dirty & finishes walking Jingle. I go to Swiss Farms for milk & bread for the neighbors, then stop @ McDonald's for their dinner. Geez, all in a dog walk kind of day...!?!?!? ; ) Scott NEVER knows what to expect when I ring the doorbell...

I am hoping you are having a better evening! Thankfully, tomorrow is TGIF!!! I'm going to go take a few stitches now. Mummsy took a Valium! ; )
Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - this makes me chuckle each time I read it - I can just picture it. It's amazing how one not-so-small black dog has changed your lives. How lucky for her to have you guys to help her! My night was much calmer. I finished the black Celtic wallhanging - I like it. Time to move on to graduation gifts now. Haven't really heard from anyone except Pam and Mare about next week's sewing day/night. How about we say it's Friday night at 7:00 - I will host if that's ok. I'll email Peggy about it and hopefully she can come. Dolores - hope you took pictures of the quilt you made for your sister! Everyone enjoy this nice Friday and have a great weekend! Piece...

Consuelo said...

One of these days I'm going to strap a small camera to Jingle to record the happenings. We can send the videos to the AFV show!

LA said...

Hi everyone, I've been out of touch, but still thinking of all of you! My work has doubled at work so that I can take a couple weeks off when the baby arrives, we are STILL looking for a contractor for our house, the kids are busy with the spring sports. I found out the the baby will probably be here by the end of July rather than August, so this has caused me to become a little hormonal (if you can imagine that!) around the house. I am making lists of what needs to get done - windows, curtains, woodwork, getting the baby stuff out of the attic, etc. Anyway, Pam has is your contractor search comng along? I was able to catch your neighbors on the Spice Up My Kitchen on Tuesday night. It was beautiful...is that Jake's family too? Jean, Friday is better for me too b/c of the meet on Saturday. Mo, I am honored to be in your presence with that new membership you have obtained! With all that is going on I did manage to purchase and cut some fabric for a crib quilt. I will bring it on Friday. Lois, has you family arrived here yet? Peggy - hope you are feeling okay since your surgery. This is an overwhelming time of year so I am looking forward to seeing you guys next Friday. Have a great weekend...LA

Cathy said...

I'm sorry I haven't posted either.
Jean - I'm not sure what I'm doing next weekend yet, I'm not sure when I have to work for the fair for the Youth Group. LA - happy to hear that little McCabe baby will be here sooner. Pam I love to hear your Jingle stories. Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.