Monday, March 30, 2009

Girls...the countdown has begun! We're into single digits and could be hours - if you have a calculator handy! Here's the info that the place sent me - so you know what they provide and what we have to bring. I figure maybe we can blog so that everyone knows what everyone else has volunteered to bring:

The registration office is located at the Best Western Intercourse Hotel (9 Queen Rd. Intercourse, PA 17534) All homes are located within 2 blocks of the Hotel in the Village of Intercourse.For more information or directions to the Hotel visit www.amishcountryinns.comWe provide towels and linens. Our kitchens are stocked with basic pots, pans, utensils, and dishes. If you have special cooking needs or are cooking for large groups we suggest you bring items you may need to prepare your meals.We do not provide toiletries, trash bags, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, charcoal, etc.

I believe we have no special cooking needs, right? I didn't think we were planning on cooking at all! We talked about having lunch out after we get up there. The sewers can get settled in after 1 - and we can order pizza for dinner, ok? I'll bring some paper products - paper towels, TP, tissues and trash bags. What else? I'm hoping this is not the longest week in history - but it may feel that way! Come on Tuesday.....take care, ladies. I was planning on driving - and I think Maureen is too. Is 8:00 too early? 8:15? Dolores is driving up on Friday evening.....Mare might be driving as well - she has stuff to do on the way back on Sunday - so plenty of seats. Let the planning begin...piece.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Ladies - I can't wait. I was thinking of bringing water and a dessert...what else can I bring. I can be ready at 6am. Just let me know. Talk to everyone soon.

LA said...

I'll bring cheese and crackers, wine, and bunny hop mix!!! As of 10 pm here is the countdown status...3 days; 81hours; 4919minutes; 295186 seconds...that is all I have to say! Can't wait!!!!

sewpam63 said...

Jean - thanks for blogging! LA - you make me : )! We didn't have internet access over the weekend, & things have been pretty BUSY & noisy in our home! Take care & enjoy your day, girls.

quiltmamajb said...

LA - you're hilarious! Thanks.....

Consuelo said...

This is the longest week in history.....

I'll bring ice tea, hot tea stuff, wine and munchies. I won't be able to leave until closer to 9:00am but feel free to head out without me. I've got a gps. Pam have you changed your mind yet? : )

Dolores said...

I already talked to Joe about the breakfast pizza. I will pick it up after work and head right out Lancaster Ave. I can bring snacks and drinks also. Pam I am still happy to head back to Havertown at 4:30 and pick you up, please think about it girlfriend, it won't be the same without you there. I will see everyone else Friday night. Take care

lois said...

I'll bring orange juice and maybe choc. chip cookies or something else. I'll go with who ever has room for me.