Saturday, March 14, 2009

Good Saturday Evening Girls,

OK, it's 7:40 PM & this is the FIRST time I've actually sat down ALL day!!!  I think I need to go back to work...  Isn't THAT an oxymoron...?!  How has your day been?

I hung 2 loads of wash out on the line today.  That's just EXCELLENT!!!  : )  I can't get over how GOOD it smells when I bring it inside to fold it.  It's like magic!

I made a pot of soup to have for next week when we return to work.  I have bananas out of the freezer & a banana bread recipe ready to make/bake tomorrow.  I have a crock pot of steel cut oatmeal ready to turn on before going to bed tonight.

I like being "ready" to return to work.  We were @ market & have food stuffs & groceries.  The house is just about as clean as it's gonna get & the laundry is caught up.  Makes my soul feel more rested & puts my mind @ ease.

I made an emergency sewing machine house call to the DeMarco's this afternoon.  All is well, the bobbin winder was turned "on" accidently.  While there, I walked across the street to see how Consuelo's kitchen is coming...it's AWESOME!!!  I LOVE it Mo!!!  : )

Lois - look @ you with a sunny bright TATW quilt top!!!  How fun is that?!  Can't wait to see it!

Jean - was today the Spelling Bee?...in Williamsport...?!  How'd that go?...with the nun...?! What are you busy stitching?

Cathy - best wishes for Tim on Monday!  We'll be thinking of you guys!  ; )  What do you have lined up to sew?

Dolores - what have you been working on lately?!  You're quiet...& then ALL of a SUDDEN you have a bunch of quilt tops made & quilts quilted, bound & finished...?!  ; )  Fess up, girl friend?!
   
Lor - have you tried the Elmer's School Glue yet?  Let me know if you have any problems or questions...

Peggy - how's your Dad doing?!  GLAD to be home, right!?!?!?  ; )  How's that grand baby?! Enjoy your family - sewing will be-e there when you're ready!

LA - what's going on in your world?  Did you make any quinoa yet?  I am thinking about making some for my soup, but I have to look it up on the web.  If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to jump in!  ; )  How's your Mom doing?  How's that sweet baby Kevin?  THANKS for letting me "hog" him on Wednesday.  : )

We are continuing to spackle here @ Mt. Pleasant.  Next, we will "tape" & spackle.  Not yet ready to sand & wash.  It's gonna be a while...  The spackle has to have @ least 24 hours to dry.

I stopped over @ Cloth & Bobbin yesterday afternoon.  I bought some Lakehouse fabric, some Kaffe Fassett fabric & a few other pieces too.  Lor, Johanna has a nice selection of Kaffe Fassett fabrics if you're interested.  She also has Brown Bear fabric too!

Well, enjoy your evening.  Have a cup of tea & take a few stitches.
Piecefully, Pam

P.S.  Is there Bee this week?  Where?   

4 comments:

sewpam63 said...

Thanks to Lori - she mentioned the September (Fort Washington) Quilt Show was possibly making a come back locally. It seems as though it's been listed for the ''Philadelphia area,'' but the link from their website isn't working properly...stay tuned...

quiltmamajb said...

Hey...what a miserable looking day - we need a big heap of rain to clean up all the stuff left from melting snow and just make nature look better - I wish it would make up its mind and just come. Pam - your days sound like mine - shopping, lots of laundry, cooking things for the coming week. And today is a special baking day - made Irish Potatoes, scone loaves and individual chocolate chip scones (I don't like raisins!). I will take some to work and give some to the less-fortunate neighbors (the non-Irish). Kelly decided she wanted to make a four-block shamrock wallhanging so we worked on that a while yesterday. I managed to squeeze in block #3 - and finished a small wallhanging from a very reasonably priced kit. I'm happy to host this Wednesday - I may have to pop out to pick up Kelly from karate - depends on what time Burkie's meeting starts. Pam - hope you bring your fabric show&tell - I love Lakehouse fabric. Mare - how's the peace & quiet? And how is the memory quilt coming? Lois - glad you're feeling better - looking forward to seeing your 'sunny' quilt. The spelling bee is this coming Saturday - the 21st. Still stressing about what music I should have in the car - what do you think of Glenn Miller? My buzzer just went off - have to take something out of the oven. Good luck to Tim tomorrow......hope to see you guys Wednesday. Piece.....

sewpam63 said...

Here's Scott's suggestion for the nun-music dilemma, "Have the nun wear her own iPod, then everyone else in the car can listen to anything they want! ; )

Glad you fit in some sewing, Jean!

My buzzer is about to ring too - banana bread!

quiltmamajb said...

I just googled the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center and it's in Oaks!!! That's not far at all - I'm so excited that the show is moving back - hallelujah!!!! Very cool news!!!! Thanks.....piece.