Thursday, March 12, 2009

Work vs. Spring "Break"...?!


Good Evening Girls,

Here's some pix of today's progress...
All the "spots" on the wall, yeh, that's spackle.  I did that!  : )  It needs to set for 24 hours & then will be repeated.  Eventually, it will be sanded, washed & painted.  Remember, I said eventually.
These are photos of Scott's handy work!  Where the closet framing was removed it left gaps in the drywall.  Scott cut new pieces & screwed them into place.  ALL of the screw holes, plus all of the old netting & plaster will be spackled to create an even (seamless) alcove for the new closetry to fit into...that comes after the spackle-spackle-sand-wash-paint-ING!  Remember,I did say eventually...all good things take time, right?!  
It's unclear as to whether or not we'll take the time to go to Rehoboth for a bit f R & R.  It sounds tempting, & my kites are calling my name, but we'll see what the "Boss Man" says tomorrow...?!  ; )

Meanwhile, I did manage to finish (& post on Flick'r) my completed Bunny Hill BOM #3.  I had a difficult time with those little machine stitched flowers!!!  It would have been SO/SEW much easier to simply hand embroider them, but my goal is to make each block using the sewing machine ONLY - NO hand work @ all!!!

Lor - I use Mettler 60/2 thread.  It has green writing on the spool.  It can be a challenge to find. If you need a source, let me know.

Good to see you gals last evening.  Peggy, Mo & Lois - you were missed.  There wasn't much in the way of show 'n tell, so you didn't miss much.  We did hear Mare's birthday dinner story, which was quite entertaining!  And, I got to HOLD baby Kevin & it was WONDERFUL!!! Thanks LA - you're the BEST!  ; )

Enjoy your evening & these milder temps!  Stitch a little something when you get the chance!
Piecefully, Pam

3 comments:

Lori said...

Pam,
I thought you were using 60 wt for hand applique. I have looked a few places and have not found it. Where do you get it?

quiltmamajb said...

The old spackle, dry, sand, wipe, spackle, dry, sand, wipe.....on and on...dust everywhere. I hate that part - I'll paint till the cows come home but I hate the prep work. It's looking good....and there is an end to the process. Keep that thought! Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I'm hoping to squeeze block #3 in there somewhere. Lois - hope your cold is better. Take care....piece.

lois said...

I am feeling better. Didn't want to spread my germs to all of you.
I've got a "show and tell".
Spring is coming. I'm so excited. Crocuses are up and I saw a few robins.