Thursday, January 11, 2007

Okay, I'm back from the Library & waiting for the furnace men to show up. I feel a bit like Cosmo Kramer waiting for the Cable Guy..."Uh, we'll be there between 1:30 & 3:00..." Jingle is in the clear. He didn't "puddle." The humidifier on our furnace is what leaked. It's been turned off, so just imagine the static electricity going on here?!

The Library trip was a BIG success!!! : ) I got the Dresden Plate un-basted & un-sandwiched. Then I got the whole Trip Around the World project pin basted using the Dresden batting. I did all that in 3 hours! I didn't think that was too bad. I may try to go back again next week to re(thread)baste the Dresden Plate quilt using the wool batt. My fingers are a little tender now...my knees too. : /

So...sew, it was FUN @ the Library. The Library ladies were coming to see what I was doing. : ) It helped to break up my time & made things go quicker. I felt a little bit like a celebrity. Fun & too cute! ; )

Also, I discovered a fellow quilter...Deborah Purdy. She is a Librarian (I'm pretty sure she's in the children's section), & she won Librarian of the Year not that long ago. Anyway, she does mostly miniatures. She comes from a long line of guilters & has quite a quilting legacy. She does ALL hand work - piecing, quilting, etc. She may be interested in our Guild. I am going to send her the Guild web link & a link to this blog. She isn't involved in a Guild, nor a Bee & hasn't been to the Lancaster Quilt Show, but she is involved with other quilters on-line & has done challenges & such. She also likes Amy Butler fabrics! : )

Mo, I think the needlepoint picture would look beautiful in your dining room. Funny, that's just where I pictured it hanging, but I didn't want to say, "Did you hang it in your dining room?" incase you hadn't! Thanks for volunteering to host next week! We'll get to see the picture on your wall. : )

Lori, I am ALL about Hancock's of Paducah. Since we don't have much in the way of Quilt Shops in our general location, I have had trouble finding the fabrics that I REALLY like. LadyFingers is the only shop that I know carrying Kaffe Fassett fabrics, & she doesn't have a large selection. That's why I bought a bunch of fabric in Houston! Now, using the Paducah site, there's a LOT more available to me & @ GREAT prices!!! Hooray!!! I've had very good experiences with them. Buy with confidence.

Just a FYI. Tomorrow afternoon Scott & I are boarding Jingle & heading to York. We will then leave for Myrtle Beach with my Mom & Ken, to have "Christmas" with my brother & Deb, his girlfriend. We will drive home to PA on Monday, Martin Luther King day. So, Scott & I don't know if we'll be back home here in Havertown by Monday night or Tues-day. Regardless, we will be without computer access & I won't be blogging. Please say some prayers for Scott & I during this trip, this is NOT, NOT, did I say NOT?! our idea of FUN!

I will be SEW ready for Tuesday evening's BEE!!! Scott has off next week with me during my last week of Winter Break. Thankfully, we will have time to recuperate!!!

Piecefully, Pam

5 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam...we will have to blog amongst ourselves while you are away. It pays to be a friend of the library! Best of luck with the journey - you're on the prayer list. See you when you get back...j

HTFLteens said...

Pam... it was great meeting you. Your quilts are beautiful! Have a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Pam,
I will miss your blogging while you are away. We will try to blog and make you proud!!! TRY to have a nice trip. Bring your handwork to escape(if needed).

Maureen said...

Good luck and have a good trip Pam! I'll say a prayer. See ya on Tuesday.

Cathy said...

Pam - hope you had a save trip down. Be careful coming home and we'll see you on Tuesday. Cathy