Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Good morning, girls. A nice, relaxing bee last night out on the porch. Cathy - thanks for postponing your walking for a bit to stop over. Glad your machine is getting the spa treatment before you go away. When you come back you'll be rarin' to go. Lois is hand-quilting her oh-so-soft duck blanket - so cute. Consuelo and Matt came - she'd been slaving in the kitchen all day preparing meals to be taken to the shore - a worthy cause - and she still looked fresh as a daisy! Amazing! Matt apparently learned to surf down the basement with Kelly and is looking forward to trying it out at the beach next week - good luck! Miss Peggy joined Team Matt and we determined that to end her slump, she needs to come to the Hayloft next week, clean out the things that have been thrown into the sewing room and stitch up something nice and easy - a table runner, perhaps? She has finished the Harry Potter book so that is no longer an excuse. Thanks for checking out the palm tree I painted in Erin's room - it went a whole lot faster than a quilt top but I'm not switching hobbies anytime soon. Mare went to Ventnor with that man she lives with - to spend some quality time with the DeMarcos. All is well - she phoned Peggy from Frank S. Farley around 8:45. Pam and Leigh Anne had excused absences - and we hope they're both having a super week. Looking forward to hearing all about it next week. Dolores and Lori - missed you both. If you get a chance, let us know who wants to go up to the Hayloft next Tuesday, July 31st. Pam's friend Boonie Barb is coming down so those two are definites. I know Lori, Cathy and Maureen are all away next week. Mare and I talked about maybe going to both Sauder's and the Hayloft - and, of course, the Windmill for dinner. Is 3:30-ish doable for everyone - don't want to hit rush hour traffic on the turnpike. Look forward to hearing from you all...have a nice week. Piece

15 comments:

Lori said...

Hi girls--Sorry I missed you last night. I spent all day at LaSalle Univ. pool for swim team champs. We got home about 4:30 then had to pick up the boys, 1 in Havertown the other in East Goshen. Got back about 6:15 and Johnny had a Springfield BBall game at 7:15. Was going to skip the game and I got "your not coming AGAIN!" Sooo...catholic guilt took over. We will be leaving Sat. I will post the cutting requirements for the Autism quilt before I leave. Hope everyone is well. Have a great day-enjoy the weather.

Cathy said...

Jean - I don't go away until 8/4.
I can go next Tuesday. I'll be home from work by 3:00. Thanks for hosting last night - it was fun.

Consuelo said...

Girls, have fun at the Hayloft next week. Mar will have my money and my Purchasing Power of Attorney. Lori have fun on your vacation. I'll be gone for 2 weeks. Try not to miss me too much while I'm gone!!

quiltmamajb said...

Cath - that's great! Once I hear from everyone - we'll figure out where to meet, etc....Mare - should we bring a little scrap of the puzzle fabric so we can buy some brights for the front? Getting excited already......talk to you soon. Good idea for the cutting instructions, Lori - thanks.

mari1959 said...

Hey ladies,
Missed you guys last night..but, you know the DeMarco's --always wanting to bee together--had a great dinner in Ventor. Jean does Maureen have the puzzle fabric -if so I'll get a piece. Can't wait till tues..another night I don't have to cook.

quiltmamajb said...

Yup - she's got it - it's in her stash....hope you can locate it!

Cathy said...

Jean - do you need me to drive next Tuesday. Thanks.

Cathy said...

It's in that big storage container for all her stash

Consuelo said...

There's so much stash she might not be able to find it....

Lori said...

Hi girls--
Hope all is well with everyone. We are leaving for the shore tomorrow. I am going to try to stop into Calico n Cotton. I hope Leighanne didn't deplete the stock too much. To the crew going on the Hayloft road trip--would someone pick me up 2 pkg of the thermore batting at Sauders IF you get there. I will try to drop the $ off at Cath's. So when is the AUGUST road trip to the Hayloft??????????????????????
Have a great trip and good vacation to all who are away or going away.

Cathy said...

Lori and Maureen - have a great time!!

Lori said...

Hi girls--
Here are the cutting instructions for the Autism quilt.

21 different prints (not including black which I think I have)

cut: 2 2"x3 1/2"
4 2"x2"
4 2 3/4"x6 1/2"

This will yield 2 blocks per print.

Have fun at the hayloft!!!!

Lori said...

I'm trying again. I didn't like the way the instructions printed.

we need 21 different prints.

Cut: (2) 2" x 3 1/2"
(4) 2" squares
(4) 2 3/4" x 6 1/2"

This will yield 2 blocks/print.
Hope this is easier to understand.

quiltmamajb said...

Is it 21 fat quarters? And cutting those 10 pieces will yield two blocks?

Lori said...

Jean--
I think the pattern called for fat 1/8ths. 21 different prints. Those 10 pieces will yield 2 blocks for a total of 42 blocks plus the black. Hope that helps. I'm on J's lap top from the beach. Weather very iff today. I think your road trip is today. Enjoy.