Monday, July 30, 2007

HELLOOOOOOOOO!!!

We're HOME!!! : ) It feels good to be back!!! I have to get my sea legs out from under me...I've gotten used to EVERYTHING swaying!

Thanks for blogging in my absence! : ) It was FUN to read & catch up when we got home!!! During much of our trip we had no cell phone service. Aboard ship, the Internet access was spotty & VERY pricey!!!

We had a marvelous adventure! NO lost luggage, no missed flights, no delays, & no arguments. Weather for much of the trip was overcast & in the 50's! We were SO glad to SEE & FEEL sunshine in Victoria on Friday evening with temps in the mid 60's. : )

I am feeling a bit washed out. We went through a series of time changes, gaining or losing 4 hours here & there... Every day I had something scheduled, which didn't leave much time for relaxation. Days that we docked, we did the port of call - Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan & Victoria. Days we were out to sea I had classes - Hoochy Mama, Borders by Design, Designing Your Own Applique, & Sashiko by Machine.

We met some lovely Canadian women - Karen, Marilyn & Maureen!!! : ) They dined with us each evening, & we often ran into them during ports of call. They too are quilters!!! We had such FUN meeting & sharing with others!!!

I have pictures, class sample projects, & such to share with you guys! Boonie Barb just called & will be here tomorrow! The Hayloft trip sounds just right! Thanks for everything girls! Looking forward to getting together tomorrow!!! ; )

Piecefully, Pam

8 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam....welcome back!!!! So glad you had a safe trip. Can't wait to hear about the classes and see what you made. Today was a good day to stay in the A/C and relax - hope you did just that. Looking forward to tomorrow evening - all that positive Quiltmama juju! See you girls...have a nice evening....piece.

mari1959 said...

HEY PAM...HAPPY TO HEAR EVERYTHING WENT WELL. I HAVE BEEN CHECKING THE BLOG ALL DAY AT WORK TRYING TO SEE ANY NEW INFO ABOUT YOUR TRIP. I GUESS TOMORROW AT NIGHT WE WILL HEAR ALL ABOUT IT. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES...SEE YA TUES..MARE

Cathy said...

Welcome home!!! Can't wait to hear all of your adventures and see your pictures. Take care.

lois said...

Pam, welcome home! Bet you had a great time!
Jean, sorry I can't make the shopping trip.
We just got home from Ohio and my family's reunion. We had a great time.

Consuelo said...

Just wanted you all to know that Consuelo is always watching...

Lori said...

I'm enjoying the beach and the sun wondering if I'll ever get to shop at the Hayloft.

Consuelo said...

While there have been two encounters with Quiltmama husbands, I have yet to run into any Quiltmamas. I was told that one was "at the store". I have a strange feeling there may be some flannel fondling going on. I have the super secret scissor sign at the ready...

quiltmamajb said...

The Quiltmamas were not with their husbands at the time, not spending every relaxing, waking hour of vacation by their sides.....hmmmmm....me neither! Glad to hear the secret sign is at the ready. Have you been to the quilt shop? Ike's? Anyone, anyone....hope all quiltmamas and families are having fun. Missed you all on the road trip last night - we had a nice time and Lori will be happy to hear that we got to the Hayloft 5 minutes after it closed!!! OY!!!! So, another trip is in the near future, I'm sure. Have a safe trip home - and Mare and Cath - have a wonderful week ahead....I'm sure you'll see Consuelo - are the fat quarters on sale? Take care.....Piece.