Saturday, August 11, 2007

Glory Days!!!

Has this not been just the most fabulous day?!?!?! I would SO take this 24/7/365!!! This weather is absolutely PERFECT!!! : ) And, yes Jean, last night was good sleeping weather...especially under a quilt... ; )

I didn't get any sewing done today. I did, however, launder fabric & have it out on the line! Does that count...?!

I was busy in my kitchen for much of the day. I made tuna fish, baked blueberry & white nectarine muffins, baked a batch of brownies, cut up a (delicious!) cantaloupe, & prepped salad fixins! I also chopped 3 lbs of raw almonds, don't ask. This stuff was in preparation of me being away next week, & for when I start back to work. Have you noticed that w-o-r-k is a 4 letter word...?!

Scott is taking me to Sauder's on Monday morning, where I will rendezvous with Mama Barb!!! Thus will begin the week of "sewing camp." Cathy - we're not actually camping; like with sleeping bags & marshmallows toasted over a fire. Although that doesn't sound un-appealing...?!

I don't know if I'll be able to blog, but if I can, I just might. And, who knows, on Tuesday evening I may try & call during Bee...in Alaska we didn't have service...we were @ the Hubbard Glacier!

I have a jacket pattern & fabric all set to take, & my (1530) Maude machine is standing @ the ready in the foyer!!! On Tuesday, we'll be going over to Karen's to work on Priority Quilts for Ami Simms' Alzheimer project! I am SEW excited!!!

I am hoping all the vacationing 'Mama's are back home safe & sound. Have a great Bee on Tuesday. I want to see projects & purchases too?!

Jean - I saw your upcoming Quilt Class listed in the flyer! Who is in the photo? You're teaching just one class this semester? How does your project look?!?! Shelby misses Erin & Kelly! ; )

Piece girls, & enjoy your tomorrow!
Pam

3 comments:

mari1959 said...

Hey Ladies,

It's good to be back..Pam I was upstairs at my machine and was going to work on some pillowcases and while going thru bags from shopping I found one of yours. It looks like from Burkholder's. Does anyone have my bag??

sewpam63 said...

Yep - I did!!! I gave it to Lori to give to you @ Bee on Tuesday 'cause I can't be-e there. I NEED the RED fabric that is in the bag you have!!!

quiltmamajb said...

Pam....have a great time at camp. Think we might be having bee at Lori's on Tuesday - give us a call there - you have cell #'s right? Can't wait to see your Alzheimer's quilt....next week we're having bee on Wednesday(8/22)at Consuelo's - working on the Autism quilt - so many projects - it's great. Have fun...hope to see everyone on Tuesday...Piece.