Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hi Ladies,

Sing it, Mo!!! ; ) My soul is still humming right along! I stitched 2 more of the basket blocks this evening. That brings my grand total to 3 of the 12 blocks needed to "complete" the Sally Collins project.

The blocks measure a mere 3 5/8 inches big!? These petite blocks are NOT foundation nor paper pieced... Sally uses no special techniques, & as she said, "Fairies don't just drop from the sky & make this happen." It's kind of cool. Just fabric, thread, sewing machine & patience. A little accuracy helps too. ; )

I am using red for the baskets & black for the background. Each red basket is just a shade different, but the black is all the same. The basket blocks are to be set on point. The fabric squares between the basket blocks, & the setting triangles will be aqua. And, I am thinking borders will be black & a deeper shade of aqua. Well see what happens...?!

Take care ladies. Tomorrow is TGIF!!! : ) Any FUN weekend plans?! The weather is to improve!
Piecefully, Pam

2 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Hey, girls...what a lovely day! Wasn't last night awesome for sleeping? Hope the shore mamas had a good time. Welcome home. Pam - when do you leave for camp? Have a super time...please give Barb our love. Will you blog from there and let us know what you're up to? I can host this week - on Tuesday night - hope everyone can come - bring your show & tell from Calico and anywhere else, ok? Enjoy the rest of the weekend - Pam - safe trip. Piece....

Cathy said...

Had a great time, but happy to be home. I can make Tuesday - I miss everyone and can't wait to see you.
Thanks for the tip Lori - Mare and I got the last pumpkin kits. See everyone on Tuesday.