Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good Evening Ladies,

Last night I finished the baby Star quilt!!! : ) Hooray! I laundered it this morning, & it's air drying.

I can't tell you how thankful I am for the "lumpless binding!!!" Cathy - thank you, thank you, thank you for turning me (us) on to the All People Quilt website video. I open the lap top on my sewing table, prep my quilt while watching the video, then SEW. It's almost like magic! Here's me doing just that...

Thanks for the Saturday soup & sewing Bee break, even if Brigantine was a bust. Scott & I were glad to share our BIG pot of soup, & it was nice to stitch with friends. : ) Jean - your Beach blankets will be ready for class!!! Nice. : ) I like the Sea gull wall hangings too. Mare - the polar fleece tying went quickly! Please send an email or do a blog comment about "your" TV Quilt Shows...programs, times, & channels!!! Thanks! : ) Cath - I LOVE the way the t-shirt quilt is turning out. I know the orange is BRIGHT, but it's for a kid & they're gonna LOVE it too!!! The aqua blue REALLY works with the orange, & the binding fabric is terrific. Marianne & I both smiled when we saw it. Can I ask you if you'll think about using my directions for making a continuous bias binding for that quilt? Or just look @ them & see what you think...?

This afternoon we talked about: >a Bee tea @ the Painted Teacup. Mare is still working on trying to get a reservation. >We also talked about the upcoming Nat'l Quilting Day, & our annual Daniel Lemon-Aid quilt project. Jean hasn't heard anything from Daniel's Mom, so/sew Jean will touch base with her to see what's up. >And, it won't be long before Lancaster is here too!!! Of the 10 of us, who is NOT going? No Mare, right? Boonie Barb is coming!!! I'm pretty certain that Momma Barb is not (I may try to meet her on Friday). >Jean said no Bee for her this week. Her week is JAMMED & there's too much going on. I think that's about it... Are there any other Bee things we need to think about, plan for, or discuss?!

The neighborhood HGTV kitchen was completed today!!! Scott saw the crew leaving this evening as he was walking Jingle. Now Jake will be HOME more regularly & can PLAY with Jingle!!! : ) We haven't seen the finished kitchen yet, but what we have seen along the way has been pretty awesome!!!

Enjoy your evening! Happy Anniversary to Leigh Anne & Gerry!!!
Piecefully, Pam

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Pam - I would be happy to try your continuous binding directions.Thanks for the soup and company. I enjoyed it. Happy Anniversary to Gerry and Leigh-ann.
My week is crazy too. Maybe we can try for the following Tuesday.
Everyone stay safe and warm. Take care.

Dolores said...

Guys - I just read that the shore trip was cancelled - I'm so sorry. I really should read this thing more often. I feel a little more human today - this cold has really hit me hard, I have never been this sick in one season, I am just not used to it. LA happy anniversary. I hope everyone is well and can't wait to see you all. I have been working on a lot of things and have about five different projects in the works. I have a Snoopy baby blanket for someone in work, I would like to quilt it a little differently this time, so I'm taking my time and practicing a few different free motion things. I am definately going to Lancaster and plan on taking that Friday off. I am happy to drive if you need me to. I'm not sure about Peggy, I think she is really in a slump. I'm a little worried about her, so keep her in your prayers. Take care and stay healthy.

Lori said...

Hi girls--
Sorry you didn't make it to the shore, but glad everyone is safe.
Leighanne--Happy anniversary to you and Gerry!!
Pam--sorry I didn't make it for soup on Sat. Lindsay and I were out running errands. I was hoping to drop by with her, I wanted her to see your studio!!!
Dolores-glad to hear your feeling better AND that you are posting on the blog. Please tell Peggy we are all asking about her and to POST on the blog so we hear from her!!!!
Has anyone started a countdown for Lancaster?? I think it's about 4 weeks. Is that right??
Jean-I was surprised to hear you made it to Pam's. Did the BBall tournament not go well or just a big gap between games??
Hope everyone else is doing well.
Also most of you know, but John's ablation was moved up to this week. He goes in on Wed.,procedure on Thurs. Say a prayer that the 2nd time is the charm!! Also, my Dad is back in the hospital. Short of breath etc. I think its his congestive heart failure. They said something about fluid in his lungs or around his heart. They admitted him last night to try to get rid of some of the fluid. He didn't need a chest tube, so I think that's a good sign.
Hope everyone has a good week. It looks like a mix of weather. Come on Lancaster!!!!!!

mari1959 said...

pam- thanks for the soup. i am enjoying it at work today.
leigh ann- happy anniversary !!
lori- i'll keep everyone in my prayers.
dolores- pretty soon you will be buying a long arm !! have a nice afternoon ladies

quiltmamajb said...

Hey - I'm working through my lunch and having soup too!!!! Thanks, Pam. Lori - best of luck on Thursday. Keep us posted on your Dad too. The only positive about the snow is that the basketball games were pushed back a bit and I ended up with Saturday afternoon free - yahoo!! Dolores - good to hear from you. I have a registration form for the IQA that Pam printed for us. I'll drop it in your mailbox. She said it's a good idea to join before going to Houston. Glad you're feeling better. Can't wait till the next show & tell - you'll have lots! Don't go giving them away yet! Happy Anniversary to Leigh Anne and Gerry - hope you had a nice weekend. Peggy emailed me - she's in the high school class - which starts this Wednesday. She wanted fabric requirements so she could look through her stash! Brought a little tear to me eye! Have a nice Monday! Piece....