Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hello & Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Jean - thanks for offering to host Bee next week! I think we're ALL in need!!! Glad to hear you got your quilt basted. : ) Is it the 2nd Beach Blanket? Have you quilted it yet?

Cath - GLAD to hear about Tim. We'll continue to wish him WELL!!! I can't help but think of the phone commercial..."Can you hear me now?!" ; ) How are YOU doing? What have you been stitching?!

Lori - how are those kids & that husband?! Is everyone well & healthy in your home? How's your Dad been? Is he home yet?! Have you been sewing anything? After your Santa wall hanging, what's your next BIG project? How is the T-shirt quilt coming along?

LA - What's new on your end? How are your kids, & how's that baby doing?! ; ) Have you sewn any panels? Working on anything?!

Mo - what's going on in your world? How's the microwave? Any news about Matt & school? Thinking of you, girl friend! : )

Lois - you are quietly busy, & productive too! What else are you stitching?! How are those grand babies doing?! ; )

Mare - has Nicole been healthy @ College this Winter? I think of her every now & then, & wish her well! What's new on your end? Sewing anything? What are you taking to the Shore?

Peggy & Dolores - whu'z up...?!

I went to the second half of my Fancy Pants class Wednesday evening. I like the method Aimee showed us for putting in a zipper. Zippers still make me what to cringe though. My pants need some alterations, & to be fitted. They are a project that I think I will continue with Momma Barb during Summer Sewing Camp.

I will be taking the Alaska quilt to the Shore to baste. I'm not ready to quilt it just yet. I don't know HOW to quilt it?!?!?! Nor, what color thread I want to use. I'm thinking maybe brown thread...

Presently, I have 3 other projects sitting on my table...
1. the Star baby quilt - it's now done as far as I can go/sew until the baby is born. Natalie is to have "tests" done on Friday, & perhaps be induced...
2. the Pickle Dish project is simmering. Miraculously, I discoved LIME green Kona cotton in my stash - HOORAY!!! Now, I am auditioning some fabrics to use in the arcs. I pulled some browns from my stash too. I am NOT going to buy any new fabrics for this quilt; I can use what I have & what's been shared with me! It is my plan to do some work on this project down the Shore.
3. I have a fabric bundle/"kit" of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, from Momma Barb, to make a Vibrant Diamonds quilt!!! I needed to select one additional "border" fabric & a fabric for the binding. Scott helped me with that last evening. I am hoping to piece the quilt top down the Shore. I am going to follow (most) of Kaffe's directions for constructing this quilt, but I can SEE it has the potential to be strip pieced... I will be working to figure out a way to do so/sew with the intent of using this pattern to eventually make a baby quilt. Perhaps teach a class too...?! ; )

Meanwhile, it's meatloaf & LOVE tonight for dinner!!! Then, maybe a bit of work in the studio. Enjoy your day & give your Honey a SQUEEZE!!! : )
Piecefully, Pam

5 comments:

Lori said...

Hi everyone,
Happy Valentine's Day!!! It is truly a good day. Ryan has finally gone back to school today, so no kids are sick in the Fitzpatrick household!! YEAH!!!!
John is still in Chicago, will be home tomorrow night.
I am still trying to finish the "mod" tee shirt quilt. Was hoping to get alot of sewing done this week, but had to tend to Ryan. When he's sick, he likes to lay on my lap, or have me sit with him, so... not much quilting got done this week. But, they're only young once, right, so I enjoy sitting with him.
Mare--forgot to tell you, we were down the shore last Sat. also. The weather WAS great!! As soon as we drove into Avalon, the sun came out. It was great. We were checking on the painting we had done and the new doors. Half of the paint colors I chose look great, the others turned out darker than I wanted. The only one I may not be able to live with is the kitchen. We'll have to see.
John told me if I really couldn't live with it, it's probably just a gallon of paint, and he would repaint it. I'm going to wait and see if it'll grow on me.
Have a GREAT VALENTINE'S DAY everyone!!!

quiltmamajb said...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! This is a free chocolate day - all chocolate is free of calories! Enjoy!!! Cath - how's the new machine working out? Have you named it? Lois....love those Christmas trees. They're awesome. Have you started anything else? Lori - glad to hear that everyone is on the mend. It's been a brutal winter. Makes me consider getting the flu shot next year. Mare - how's the PC? Pam - the countdown to Mickey has started? Good to see the sun today....enjoy it. We have to meet next Tuesday - come hell or high water, right? Lots of catching up to do......piece.

LA said...

Hi Everyone,
Looking forward to seeing everyone next week! Nothing new here...I did manage to sew a little bit last weekend...finally! Lois - I love your Christmas trees. They are so cheerful. Cathy - good luck to Tim for a good report! Happy Valentine's Day! Love you all, LA

Consuelo said...

All right, I admit it. I'm missin my mamas...Happy V Day ladies!

Cathy said...

Hugs and kisses to all the mamas. Happy Valentine's Day. I miss everyone and can't wait to see everyone - can't wait for show and tell. Thanks for all the good wishes for Tim. We're really excited. Lori - glad to hear everyone is well. Let's hope everyone stays healthy now. I just finished another shlep bag and a flannel baby rag quilt. Lois - I love your Christmas quilt. LA - how are you feeling? Hope all is well. Jean - I love my machine but have not named her yet. Mare - what are you working on? Maureen - when are we going to continue working on your flannel quilt. Pam - your class sounds great - I need to get back into clothing construction. I used to love to do zippers. Peggy and Dolores - have fun in the mountains. Have a nice night - can't wait to see everyone on Tuesday. Have a nice weekend.