Monday, February 4, 2008

Morning Girls,

Get ready for some crazy weather this week! Warm & cloudy. Perfect GERM weather!!! Wash your hands, eat healthy, & drink plenty of water. : )

Jean - is it St. Jos. that's in the finals? Basketball, right? Good luck! So, there's no Bee this week, then?

Hey, I heard the Super Bowl was GOOD! Any FUN commercials?! Any good food?!

Mare - I do have a corn fritter recipe...from my beloved "green" book!!! I'll try & email it to you some time this week. You may need to remind me...

I am working on piecing the backing for my Alaska quilt. It's actually turning out better than I had expected. That's always nice. I don't know how to quilt it...any suggestions would be appreciated!

I also decided to sew the binding on the parts of the baby Star quilt that are finished. I began whip stitching it to the back. I will wait for the one corner - quilting, applique, label & binding, until the baby is born!

I forgot to inquire about the leather thimbles while I was @ Cloth & Bobbin on Saturday. If I can remember, I'll ask on Tuesday during my pants class.

We continue to have flu & viral illnesses here. Stay well, girls! Stitch when you get the time, or else, MAKE time!!! : )
Piecefully,, Pam

7 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Hello, everyone! How y'all doing? What's everybody working on? Pam - can't wait to see the Alaska quilt. Can you post a picture of it? Good luck in your Fancy Pants class tonight. We'll actually be right up the street - Erin's team has a playoff game at St. Margaret's in Narberth. I finshed a jelly roll quilt top over the weekend - not sure if I like it. The jelly rolls were called Victorian Parlor - not sure if it's 'Cape May-ish' or 19th century bordello! Cath has a CPR class tonight - good luck with that. For those who don't follow that type of thing - St. Joe's crushed their arch-rival, Villanova, last night - so it'll be a good day around here today. Hoping to start my second beach blanket quilt tonight - class starts at the high school in a couple of weeks. Hoping we can have bee next week - I feel out of touch. Who all is going to Brigantine? Absolutely can't wait for that! Enjoy the day - in the 60's? And 70 tomorrow? Wild....take care...piece.

mari1959 said...

Ladies,
I called the Painted Tea Cup a couple weeks again and she never got back to me. I remeber at work tonight and tried again and there next Saturday is April 26th. Let me know so I can book it right away. Or, she suggested a night--
maybe we can decide at Bee next week. Made six pillowcases last night. That's all from here.

Consuelo said...

Really nothing to do with quilting. I just had to spread my joy....

Consuelo said...

My poor, poor microwave, which has been broken since Christmas, has been cured! Leftovers can be reheated again. Mashed potatoes without all the work again. More importantly, POPCORN IS BACK! All is right with the world!

quiltmamajb said...

Consuelo....wishing you oceans of luck with your refurbished microwave(s)....oh, brother...couldn't resist!

Cathy said...

Maureen - very happy for you and your family - microwave is up and running - Pam - good luck with fancy pants tonight - Jean - good luck at your game tonight. Everyone else hello and take care.

Cathy said...

The Hawk will never die. Pam - how was fancy pants? How is everyone. I feel like I haven't seen everyone in forever. Take care.