Friday, February 8, 2008

Yippee!!!

I am SO...SEW freaking glad its FRIDAY!!! : ) This week was a buster @ work!!! Sick, sick, sick kids!!! Flu, viruses, weirdos & crazies!!! Can you tell I'm glad for a reprieve...?!

We got our Disney itinerary in the mail this week. : ) How long 'til Spring Break?! We're going to see the "Mouse" soon, & I am ExCiTeD!!!

Lori - I can empathize with you & the illnesses that have been in your home. It's been a particularly bad season for sickness. This weather?! I can't say enough about GOOD hand washing!!! Eat chicken soup & take a Multi-Vit!!!

Cath - the 3-6-9 baby quilt sounds cute! What's after that?!

Jean - glad it was your last class, & that it went well. The sandy snowman Beach Blanket makes me smile. How cute...& cool...?! ; ) I'm pressing the pieced back of the Alaska quilt in the last photo. You're pretty sharp there, Jean.

The Fancy Pants I'm making are with a light weight cotton. I think it's too chilly yet for me to be wearing them! Last evening I finished piecing the back of the Alaska quilt. I used blocks from the classes I took on the Cruise. I thought that was clever! So, I used the Marylou Weidman blocks & a sashiko block, along with the 6 Challenge blocks that didn't go on the quilt front. I had bought an unusual shell fabric @ a quilt shop in Juneau. I didn't have anything in particular in mind when I bought it, but it was on sale. It ends up that I thought it worked perfect as a border on the quilt back. I was SEW glad I had it. It's funny how things work out...

Enjoy your weekend! Stitch when you have the chance. I hope to work on labels & binding.

Piecefully, Pam

Here is my challenge block & the freezer paper template that I made for the project.

These are my leftovers from the Alaska quilt project. Not too bad...


P.S. Karen's quilt is FINISHED!!! She's already been shopping with Momma Barb for what's next...?!

4 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - hey, I didn't know you were going to Disneyworld! Awesome!! When do you leave? Where are you staying? There's nothing like the House of Mouse! Does Karen only work on one project at a time? Got my fabric from Hancock's in the mail today - I'm ready for my Celtic quilt project for the shore. Very anxious to see the Alaska quilt. Lori - hope everyone is feeling better. LA - you've been quiet - how are you feeling? Going to the playoff game tomorrow? Peggy...what's new in your world? Hope to see everyone (except Pam) on Tuesday - enjoy the weekend...piece!

Cathy said...

Pam - how many days until your trip? Jean - I'm glad you got your fabric. How is everyone else? What is everyone working on? Hope to see everyone on Tuesday. Take care and have a nice weekend - stay warm.

sewpam63 said...

We are going to Disney on 3/8. Scott said, "You can go to the Painted Tea Cup, but I'll be in Florida." ; ) Uh, I'm going with HIM!!! We're staying @ Port Orleans. It's where we stayed the first time we went & it was perfect. So, we're gonna try it again!

What fabric did you get from Hancock's, Jean? I've been dragging my feet ordering from them. I NEED lime green Kona cotton & no one nearby has it.

Believe it or not, Karen only works on ONE project @ a time. She has NO ufo's. She likes to work on one thing to completion & then start the next. She's amazing!!!

I was working on CONTINUOUS BIAS BINDING today. I GOT it!!! : ) I made a mock-up for teaching, took notes, photos & made drawings too. Then, I made a for real continuous bias binding (using MY directions) that I will use on my Alaska quilt & the Pickle Dish too! It WORKED!!! It's kind of like magic & you have to believe... Piecefully!

LA said...

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well! Looking forward to Tuesday...Jean & Cathy it was good seeing you today. Pam - can't wait to see the fancy pants...has Scott seen them yet? All this talk of "fancy pants" may having him wondering with Valentine's day just around the corner! Talk soon, LA