Monday, June 9, 2008

Girls,

Hey there. Is everyone keeping cool?! It's a real scorcher!!! Stay in the shade, or better yet, stay in the air conditioning & drink LOTS of fluids!!!

Mare - thanks for the Peggy update. We're ALL sending prayers, good thoughts & + juju, Peggy!

Today has been an exercise in sanity. I SEW need to be slapped!!! What was I thinking...?! This Pickle Dish design is the MOST DIFFICULT thing I've EVER, EVER sewed - in my whole life!!! John Flynn is NOT a favorite of mine today! His directions leave A LOT to be desired. I am determined though! Here are some photos from my sewing table to you...


Voila! ONE block done!!! It's taken extraordinary patience & MILES of thread. My seam ripper is my FRIEND... : /
Piecefully, Pam

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Pam - it looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Peggy - sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Take care

Lori said...

Pam--you have more patience than I do!! The block looks great!!!
Those instructions would be so far buried in my sewing room I'd never find them!!!!!
Peggy--hope you and your family are doing ok. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.
Stay cool.

mari1959 said...

Pam-- block looks great --but 1st one looks different from completed block.. Is it just the picture or did you change the dots ??

sewpam63 said...

Mare - you're right! It's a different center. VERY observant!!! You'll be seeing that one another day...

Check out the new links, girls; Need'l Love, Purl Patchwork & Purl Bee. There may be another too, but I can't think of it jut now. Let me know what you think. Lori - The Christmas Shoppe has nice applique patterns - by Vintage Spool, & by Bunny Hill also.

I used Elmer's School glue & an iron today for keeping applique shapes in place! And, I folded & pressed fabric to make 8 segments with an improvement in my technique.

Piecefully

lois said...

Pam,
I love it! Love the colors!