Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hello Girls!

We're home!!! : ) I'm feeling a bit pooped. There was LOTS of FUN @ Sewing Camp, & @ Momma Barb's over the weekend. It does feel good to be home though.

At Sewing Camp I made 2 Funky Monkey pillow cases using a new technique...!?!?!? I made an Amy Butler "Barcelona" skirt, & an Amy Butler "Cafe Wrap" skirt. I also made a little jewelry pouch. And, I did make the origami purse too. It's not completed...I have to decide on a clasp & a strap. We sewed our a**es OFF!!! Hilary made a pillow case, a jewelry pouch & was working on the 3rd of three pillow covers. Momma Barb worked on her binding & answered LOTS of sewing questions & the phone!!! ; )

LA - thanks for your post! It was GOOD to hear from you! : ) How are you feeling? How was NYC? What did you do there? Did you see a show, shop, eat, what?! Are you @ the Beach now?!

Jean - you're on vacation @ Cape May, right? How is it? Are you having FUN?! Did you call Peggy from Frank F. Farley...?! ; ) Did you get your binding sewn on? What Houston things did you sign up for?!?!?! Did you fax your form?

Mo - even if you're not taking any Houston classes, you may wish to sign up for the Winner's Circle event. What's going on in your world? How's Summer & the kids? Are you enjoying the pool?!

Mare - did you sign up for anything Houston?! What?! Are you doing any sewing? When is your Wine Tour?!

Dolores & Lori - how 'bout you guys? Any Houston happenings?! If sew,...what?!

What's the news on Peggy's Dad?! How is he doing?! Is he @ Bryn Mawr Rehab? How's Peggy?!

Lois - what about you?! How's your garden? And, what about your tadpoles?!

Cathy - your turn! What's going on in your corner of Havertown?! How's Mike's gardening & lawn care doing?! Giving you any extra sewing time...?! How's work?

Momma Barb & I had the opportunity to SEE Karen's finished quilt! She submitted photos to Houston & will wait to hear if she's been juried in...?! The quilt is jaw dropping GORGEOUS!!! We also had a peek @ her newest design wall creation & heard her talk about the next one after that! It's pretty darn amazing & inspiring!!! : )

My Houston book was in the mail when we got home! Did you guys get yours too? Does anyone have any questions?!

Our garden is HUGE!!! I have to get out there & manage the Jumanji-ness of it!!! We picked our 2nd yellow squash & there are LOADS of sugar snap peas to be picked too. The lettuce is doing surprisingly well! I have a TON of cherries in the fridge!!! Don't ask! I MUST make cherry jam tomorrow!

Enjoy your evening & have a FABULOUS tomorrow!
Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

mari1959 said...

Hey,
Sounds like you had alot of fun. Can't wait to see what you have done. How do you sign up for the winners circle?? I signed up for classes but, don't remember anything about winners circle.

quiltmamajb said...

Hey, girls....greetings from Cape May!!!! Having trouble with my email and it took me forever to get this far on the blog - anyhow - Pam - the winners circle was the $5 thing on Tuesday? I checked that off. I signed up for an all-day landscape class on Wed and the
Piping Hot class on Thursday. When do we hear if we got in? I'm working on my summer postcard applique blocks down here. We're having a great time - the weather has been great so far. Lots of July 4th stuff going on at the end of the week. Peg - thinking of you and your family. Hope everyone else is well...can't wait for bee next week to catch up. Piece....

Consuelo said...

Hey, just someone please sign me up for whatever dinner/fun not class thing everyone else is going to. I'll promise to repay. Or tell me what I need to do. I attempted to look thru the catalogue and was overwhelmed by the third page. I believe that book should be banned reading for all rookie quilters....

Cathy said...

Welcome home. I can't wait to see your show and tell. Peg - we are thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Keep us posted (please). Working on my t-shirt quilt and a bunch of pillowcases.