Thursday, February 5, 2009

BOM #2

Hello There Q'Mama's,

: ) It's bitter COLD outside today. Be careful out there! Make a nice hot cup of tea.

The second Bunny Hill block has been posted!!! Hooray! I am REALLY liking this project. Hurry up! I have planned to use the same background AND basket fabrics each month, but use different fabrics for the "items" that fill the monthly basket. What are you guys going to do?

Last night's Bee was "just what the Dr. ordered." ; ) There were some tears, some raised voices, LOTS of laughter & enough estrogen to go around. I can not begin to tell you girls how much I appreciate your sharing with me & you allowing me to share with you too! It gives each of us a place to "go" with "stuff." GENTLE!!!

Mo - thanks for hosting us last night. We are a rowdy bunch! I am SEW impressed with your skill & accomplishments!!!
: ) You totally surprised me!

Mare - have fun in Lancaster on Saturday! Best of luck with your machine! Your quilt top is nice. Way to SEW!

Dolores - thanks for getting us started on the Donor Quilt. I'll work on borders for it this weekend...if I'm not too busy with the new BOM...shhh, don't tell!? ; )

The Brigantine Bee Beach Weekend has bee-n set for the 20th!!! Mark your calendars & start planning your sewing projects! Save some $ for a trip or 2 to a quilt shop or 2...

LA - the quilt for your Mom is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! We will be praying (extra!) for her & your family tomorrow. Keep us posted. Be brave.

Take a couple stitches when you get the chance! Or, browse through a quilting magazine or pet your fabric! Better yet, wrap up in a quilt today!
Piecefully, Pam

3 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Girls...it is absolutely frigid out there! Bundle up! Hey - I printed out a few color copies of the February BOM - if anyone needs one. Let me know - it's cute! Last night's bee was terrific...LA - you'll be in our thoughts today and tomorrow - keep us in the loop, ok? The quilt top is just beautiful. You could just feel the love in it. Consuelo..I bow to you! Awesome job - look at you - doing all that 'without supervision'!! So cool.....Dolores - great job on the donor quilt. That larger block would have thrown me for a loop. Mare - I'm jealous that you're headed to Lancaster....I'm feeling the itch to hit some fabric shops - I have a visa gift card burning a hole in my wallet. Can I tell you that I truly cannot wait to go to Brigantine....these two weeks will crawl by! Take it easy, ladies....keep a good thought. It's going to be in the 50's over the weekend - positively tropical! Piece....

Cathy said...

Thanks girls for your gift of friendship!! LA - we will be praying for you and your family!

lois said...

Sounds like I missed a lot. Maureen, did you sew your quilt? I bet it is beautiful. Bet, LA's is too. I'm anxious to see how Dolores did the donor quilt.
I'm so sad that I can't go to the shore with all of you. We're going out to Ohio then--if not sooner. My sister from Calif. is coming in and my Mom is having a birthday. Don't know how all of that will work out.
LA, I'm thinking of you and your Mom.