Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gotta LOVE Saturdays!!!

Good Evening Girls!

How's everyone doing?  Mare - how's 50?  Lois - are you home?!  How was your trip?  How's your Mom doing?  Lor - did you find the steel cut oatmeal recipe on our blog?  Have you tried it yet?

Momma Barb called called this morning with NEWS!!!  Karen took first place in her category, traditional applique - large, @ the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show!!!  Such a nice surprise!  : )  Also, Arabesque has been juried in to the Lancaster Quilt Show!!!

Guess what...?!  I made homemade pizza this evening for dinner!!!  Thanks, Mare!  It turned out pretty good for my first try.

Is anyone going to the Philadelphia Flower Show?  It opens tomorrow.  In the past, I'd go on Sunday morning, & I can't tell you how many times I did that & it snowed.  They're calling for a "wintry mix" tomorrow.  I LOVE the feeling of Spring that the Flower Show provides...& @ just the right moment too!

Today I sewed on my small Whig Rose machine applique project.  I'm ready to make the decision about borders or no.  I haven't decided yet...  I do like the SO non-traditional fabrics I've chosen to use for this piece!  I have been wanting to do this with Amy Butler & Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  I wasn't sure I'd like the look though, but so far I do!  : )  What are you stitching this weekend?  Whatever it is - ENJOY!!!

Piecefully, Pam  


3 comments:

lois said...

Hi Girls, we are home. Got home Thurs. evening. Mom is doing better , the last hospitalization really set her back. She took 5 steps on Wed with the parallel bars. That was a big improvement. She was so happy to see everyone for her 90th birthday. It's been real tough for all of us , but maybe she's on the mend. Here's hoping. It was great seeing a couple of my sisters.
Hope to see all of you soon and hear what you've been up to.

quiltmamajb said...

Lois....welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. I'm sure your Mom was happy to see you. I can host on Wednesday - so I hope everyone can come and we can catch up. Mare - if you come, will you bring your quilt so Lois can see it finished? Pam - the flower show looks beautiful! Have fun. I haven't been down there in a few years. It's amazing, isn't it? Congrats to Karen on her award - well deserved for a masterpiece. Yesterday I basted and quilted the donor quilt. It will be bound today and I'll take it back to her later in the week. Hope to see you guys on Wednesday....the yard looks pretty today but I hope this is all we get. Piece....

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.christianlouboutintosale.co.uk]http://www.christianlouboutintosale.co.uk[/url] They're also the only one of the big three being innovative in terms of technologies and business models. [url=http://www.vanesabrunosacparis.fr/]Sac vanessa bruno[/url] Umrocdcrx [url=http://www.oakleysunglassessforcheap.com/]oakley sunglass[/url]
sdamce 239012 [url=http://www.oakleyssunglassessoutlet.com/]oakley sunglass stores[/url] 191503 [url=http://www.cheapsoakleysunglassess.com/]sunglass oakley[/url]