Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Howdy Girls,

Gee, thanks for Bee this evening!!!  It's ALWAYS fun!!!  : )  There's SO much going on, it's hard to keep up!?  Thanks for hosting, Lori.

Mo - your quilt top is FABULOUS!!!  I really like the colors!  Thanks for sharing your kitchen renovation stories.  Glad if things are going well - such a great way to start!  ; )  We'll be anxious to see the finished results!!!

Mare - HOORAY!!!  Your sewing machine is fixed!!!  Your hand work is BEAUTIFUL!  I LOVE the embroidery - it's soft, gentle & lovely.  Nice job!  ; )  Your snowman block is CUTE too! And, the fat quarter bundle of red/black/white is gorgeous!  I think Mo's right about the contemporary print & colors being good for Joanna & Bill.  We SOON need to get cracking on their wedding quilt, girl friend!

Cath - I'm glad you're taking a hand applique class.  You seem to like it.  Next time, we need to see your show 'n tell too!  ; )  Are you working on the Bunny Hill blocks?  Is your snowman finished?  How's school going?  Do you mind doing 4 tens @ the hospital?  What are your hours?

Jean - I LOVE the flamingo quilt!!!  They're FuNnY!!!  ; )  Your Bunny Hill blocks are GREAT!  I really like your soft colored backgrounds.  Isn't this project FUN!?  Hey, have FUN @ Virginia Beach this weekend!!!  Nice.  ; )  Thanks for sharing the testosterone quilt article from the paper - amazing, huh?!

LA - glad to hear the good report on your Mom.  Praise be-e!!!  ; )  Thanks for bringing the wine!  Don't you just HATE to rip stitches...?!  : /  Sorry about the frustration...don't quilt that...it needs to be filled with snuggle love!  ; )

Lois - hang in there with your Mom & family.  Glad if you have the diversions of sewing & gardening to occupy you. Thanks for sharing the plants!  : )  Your Disappearing 9 Patch is beautiful!  I LOVE the colors!!!  So pretty & soft.  The yellows for another TATW quilt are HAPPY!  And, I like your Bunny Hill snowman block too!  Great job!

Lor - the foot print wall hanging was a neat-o idea for the teeny boppers to do!  ; )  Your table runner is cute, cute!  I like the colors.  I like your Bunny Hill blocks too!  Way to sew!

Dolores - you were missed!  We're hoping your packing by now...including your Mouse Ears!!!  ; )  Have FUN, girl friend!!!

Peggy - we've been thinking of you & your family.  Hope you are taking care.  : )

Thanks for the Jingle bags, ladies.  He is the s#i*t%n^e/s beast - EVER!!!  Thanks also for looking @ my show 'n tell stuff too.  The schnibble thang was a fun project to do!  I do like the studio Churn Dash quilt - don't know that I'll sew with home dec weight & corduroy again any time too soon?!  The Bunny Hill blocks are just plain FUN!!!  : )  The settings I use for my machine blanket stitch (#45 on my Bernina 440) are; width:  2.0 going down to 1.4 @ points & length:  2.0  I used a rayon thread for the blanket stitch & grey YLI soft touch in the bobbin. New to me, I've been threading the "finger" on my bobbin to have better control over tension. It seems to give me a nicer looking stitch, & I have not been using a stabilizer (exam table paper) on the back each time...still playing around with this though...

Time to go get ready for work.  If I've missed anything, please chime in!?
Piecefully, Pam     

4 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - I think you hit everything....whew! We coverd a lot in a little time. Thanks, everyone - it was a blast! Dolores - we missed you. Have a great time at casa de Mickey. Mare - I'll get you that pattern for the wedding quilt. I sent everyone the link for the Lancaster home - did you get it? Pam - forgot to mention - I love that new blog. She has some neat free patterns, etc. One is St. Joseph - for folks who are selling their house. Too funny....have a lovely day, girls. Piece....

Consuelo said...

Jean, I'm in for Lancaster. Just let me know when you need a check. Enjoy Virginia Beach. Dolores have a terrific time at Disney, I'm jealous. Have a great day mamas...

mari1959 said...

Have to agree --last nite was alot of fun...Jean-Gail Pan Designs is where I got the Christmas pattern--Pam-Happy Zombie is one of my blogs I read at work --she has a great Happy Roll with many many more blogs---I waste alot of time on them at work in the morning..

quiltmamajb said...

Girls - read a good article in the food section today about a woman from Bethlehem.....Anne Coleman - she has a wonderful food blog - Cooking with Anne - she's a mother of 7 - homeschools them and makes all kinds of inexpensive but really good recipes. Think you'll enjoy it. Disney actually picked up her blog and she has a link to that on her page. What did I do wih all my time before the internet......hmmmm.....piece.