Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good Morning Mama's,

This is Momma Barb's favorite kind of day...rainy! She always says she can stay in & sew & not feel guilty! ; ) I didn't sleep much last night because I'm ALL excited about hand applique!!! Silly, I know!

WOW!!! You guys totally bowled me over with your comments - ALREADY! I posted a comment too. THANKS for everything, girls!

Here's the current status of my second Flower Pots block...

I TOLD you I didn't get much sleep...!? ; )
Piecefully, Pam

P.S. T-minus 14'ish hours 'til Bunny Hill BOM #6!!!

6 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Love, love the bowl fabric - nice choice!!!!Piece...

lois said...

I have a question. I got Elmer's school glue---washable, no run (black label). Is that the right kind? Do I glue the first piece a little bit to start sewing?

sewpam63 said...

Lo - thanks for asking. You were the only Mama to not get to the glueing step. Yes, that's the correct kind of glue. Does it have the orange adjustable nozzle cap? If so, get out your iron & ironing board. Do not add any water to your iron. Turn it to medium high heat. While it's warming up. Position your fabric shape onto your background block. See if it "fits." Remove your applique shape from your background, take your Elmer's glue & gently squeeze a THIN line of glue about 1/4" below your penciled draw line. Next, put your applique piece in place. Now, heat set it to dry the glue & hold the shape in place. READY to stitch!!! if you're not happy with placement, gently "pop" the applique piece from background & repeat the process. OK, does that make sense?

lois said...

Thanks, Pam. I'll give it a try.

Consuelo said...

Hey girls! I've actually won something. Not quilting related but who cares. I won some nail polish from my Fantasy Fashion League swag boutique. Go check out my name on the website www.swagbagboutique.blogspot.com. My senior's graduated, my freshman's passed, and I've won some nail polish. All is right with the world.

Consuelo said...

Just found out that I'm an author also. Go check out my book on Amazon..."Low Fat and Loving It, How to Lower Your Fat Intake and Still Eat the Foods You Love".