Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good Morning Gals,

It's another glorious day!!! : ) And, is this right, 16 days 'til Lancaster?!?!?! Time is flying!; )

Mo - how is your ear today? Can you hear me now...?! ; )

Mare - glad to have you - thanks Maureen!!! Thanks for the Lancaster total. You're SEW funny about payment. Shhh, don't tell Joe!!! What happens with the Bee, stays with the Bee. Vegas has nothing on us! ; )

Cath - glad to hear you received your BOM fabrics! Don't you have the magazine with the BOM patterns in it...do you just need to know which pattern to use? Hmmm, I'm confused.

JB - we'll miss you next week...are we having a Bee...?! Will Kelly's games always be on a Tuesday evening, or is it just for the opener? Doesn't Burkie qualify as "tall?"

Lois - monofilament thread is that clear thread. It's sort of like thin fishing line... You're going to have to get wash lines for your new house?! Have you been working in your gardens? Doing any planting so far?! I need to clear out some garden beds, add compost & prep for planting...but, I'd rather sew! ; )

Thanks all for the Vera Bradley info. I went over to the Manoa Hallmark last evening to browse in person instead of just looking on the internet. I like the Java Blue pattern & they didn't have much of it. I'll maybe check out the place Cathy mentioned. Is it on State Road in Upper Darby? See, I am confused...?! ; )

I also have begun work on the baby Trip quilt. : ) Yesterday morning I cut strips & last evening I began sewing & pressing. I am trying to figure out the pressing...each row is a mirror image with a new block added to the center, & each half of the quilt is it's own mirror image. I want to press so seams will nest. This is a little tricky, but I'm figuring it out!!!

The new studio gig is working out!!! : ) I have more room & things seem more handy. We will need to manage lighting somehow, but for now things are good!

Enjoy the sunshine!!!
Piece, Pam

4 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

TWO WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!! WAHOO!!! I'M TYPING LOUD SO CONSUELO CAN HEAR ME. I TOOK THE PICTURE THIS MORNING SO I'LL SEND IT ALONG WHEN I GET HOME. NEXT WEEK - CAN WE HAVE BEE ON WEDNESDAY? I CAN HOST IF SO...WE NEED TO DISCUSS DETAILS OF THE IMPENDING LANCASTER ADVENTURE! FINISHED THE BINDING ON THE IRISH CHAIN ON MONDAY NIGHT - THREE WHOLE DAYS BEFORE THEY'RE BACK FROM THEIR HONEYMOON - THAT COUNTS AS BEING ON TIME, RIGHT? WHAT DO WE THINK ABOUT A PIECED BACK FOR DANIEL'S QUILT? THERE'S SOME OF THE STIK AND STONES FABRIC LEFT - IT'S SO CUTE, I HATE TO NOT USE IT. WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK? HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!!

Maureen said...

I bow down to the greatness that is your wit mamaj. Feeling less dizzy today girls! I'm moving back up to defcon 3. Have a great day!

lois said...

I do have that thread----didn't know what it was called.
I have been doing lots of raking and such. I love this time of year with everything starting to grow.
I guess I have a similar countdown as you all have. Two weeks until I see my grandbaby.
Next Wed. is good for me Jean. I'm anxious to see the finished quilt.

Cathy said...

Jean - next Wednesday is good for me. I can't wait to see the quilt. Pam - yes the Hallmark store is in Upper Darby, across from Casey's. I do have the book, but they send you a card with what fabrics to use and what block to make. I could do what I want, but I think I'll wait. Enjoy the weather. Can't wait for Lancaster.