Thursday, January 3, 2008

Good Afternoon 'Mama's,

Is everyone keeping warm?! I hope you're able to have a nice cup of hot tea & snuggle under a quilt!

Jingle & I have been COLD when walking! I think he may need ear cozies... ; ) See How BIG his ears are...?!

Jean - how nice to be thinking of warm weather & your upcoming cruise vacation!!! That's AWESOME! : ) Let's all sing along...M-I-C-K-E-Y...M-O-U-S-E!!!

Lois & Peggy have been quiet. Has anyone touched base with either of them lately? Is Lois still without internet access?

Cathy - how are things? We've ALL been praying.

Mo - maybe you can fill us in & spare Cathy.

Lori - is your Dad out of the hospital yet? How are things? Did Johnny have strep?

I have a post-Holiday work party to attend tonight. Ugh! Luckily, I am going with a FUN co-worker. But, with this kind of weather I'd MUCH rather be staying HOME!

No sewing today, girls. I spent time "reading up." That's the term my Mom always used for tidying & straightening the house. I created piles of stuff during the Holidays. And, the actual Holidays produced MORE piles. Now it's time to DO something with the piles of stuff...before there's an avalanche!

Looks like next week will be the first Bee of 2008! I'm looking forward to it!!! Thanks Jean for offering to host. : ) 'Til then stay warm!
Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

lois said...

Hi Girls, My computer is back. We had to get a new hard drive.
I enjoyed the Christmas party with you girls. It was a lot of fun. We've been enjoying the holidays.
I'm thinking of those of you with family health issues. I know how trying that can be. Please know that I am saying prayers for you and yours.
Happy 2008 to all of you.

Lori said...

Hi girls--
I called Cath today, but I didn't get her at home so I don't have any update on that front. I hope she and Mike are hanging in there and know they can call us if they need anything.
My Dad is still in the hospital. It appears that the abdomenal pain on the 30th and 31st was diverticulitis so he is being treated with antibiotics IV. I saw him last night and he appears MUCH better. He's depressed at having missed Christmas(the 1st Christmas in 51 years he wasn't home with his family he'd tell you), but physically better. They are talking about releasing him to a short term rehab so that he can build up his strength. He's not happy about that either, but that's a good sign. He said they had him "signed up" for 2 weeks. I told him that doesn't mean he has to stay 2 weeks, it depends on how much he gets himself moving!!
Johnny did NOT have strep. He slept very late that day and when he woke he felt better. Low grade fever that night, then ok, so that was good!
On a brighter note--quilting!! I have not done anything!!! What has anyone been working on?? I got 1 quilt book that I bought with a 50% off coupon at Joann's and gave it to Lindsay to put away for me for Christmas. I have browsed that and that's IT!!
Hope the new year is a good one for everyone!!

Consuelo said...

So glad to hear your Dad is feeling better Lori!

Cathy said...

Thanks so much for all your prayers and support. I'm sorry I haven't returned any phone calls - I worked today and then met with the hospice team and pain management nurse. I got home late. Hopefully we can bring my dad home Wednesday. My Mom and I are at peace with our decision and know we are doing the right thing for my Dad.Talk to you soon.