Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hi Girls,

We need to keep some of our QuiltMama's close to our hearts & in our thoughts & prayers. Cathy - we are sending + juju & prayers. I know you've said you & your family don't need anything, but if that changes give any of us a shout out!!! Meanwhile, we're thinking of YOU & YOURS!!!

Here @ Mt. Pleasant the Christmas tree is down & the studio has been reassembled. I've been SEWING! Jean inquired what I will be teaching in the upcoming Machine Applique class @ Cloth & Bobbin. Here is my class sample.



Also, I've begun working on the Star baby quilt. Yesterday I got the quilt sandwich pin basted. Today I quilted it. Thanks Marianne for the suggestion of using the guide with my walking foot. I did NOT have to mark the entire quilt. : ) What a time saver!!! I have colored stars already made, prepped & ready to go, er sew... But, for the past 4'ish days karma is nagging @ me & I am pretty sure I am going to make new stars in soft aqua. Here you will see the project as it's developing. Your suggestions are welcome!



Piecefully, Pam

1 comment:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam...thanks for saying what we're all feeling for Cathy and Mike - and also thinking of Lori's Dad. The pictures are way cool. I love the baby quilt....what's bothering you about the stars? I like the colors but the soft aqua would be nice too....you get to audition both which is nice. Forgot to mention, I took my machine down to Hayes last week for a spa treatment and I stopped at the Quilter's Corner on the way back - it's a cute shop! They have a really nice classroom. I grabbed a couple of business cards - I just keep forgetting to check out their website. I hate putting all the decorations and stuff away but the house looks so much bigger and cleaner now. We're going on the Disney Cruise starting next Saturday, January 12, for a week. Pam - my prep is a whole lot different that yours was....Mickey doesn't expect us to be very dressed up! Thank Goodness! Girls....I can host bee next Tuesday. Hope to see everyone. Cath....thinking of you.....piece