Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good Evening Girls,

How is everyone doing this evening? I thought of each QuiltMama today & realized just how fortunate we are to have come together in our own little Bee. I love you guys & appreciate each one of you. : )

Recently there have been some cryptic blog posts... Without Bee, I can't keep up & my secret decoder ring isn't working, nor my camera... Did the Byrnes' win $$$ related to the Lucky Heart fund raiser? Can this be used to help defray the cost of Gracie?! And, did Ryan just celebrate his 21st birthday?! How did it go? Did everyone survive?! What happened to Timmy? Did he need to have surgery? I also learned of a new baby girl in a family of 5 boys. What a blessing! : ) Sounds like Cathy's baby TATW quilt will get a good home!

When are we having Bee again? Mare has asked us to check our calendars for a Brigantine weekend in February. What's the skinny?! LA - you MUST go!!! Who knows when you will get to go away for a weekend again...?! And, how are you feeling? You've been quiet.

Jean - you're going to be teaching @ Cloth & Bobbin tomorrow evening?! Excellent!!! The baby Pinwheel quilt is cute, cute, cute! I'll be thinking of you. ; )

I made my baby Star quilt binding!!! Hooray!!! I make a continuous bias binding, & it's a bit like having to do higher math each time I make it. I've decided that I will make a mock-up of each step, so...sew every time I need to make binding it won't be like re-inventing the wheel!

I also laid out the Alaska blocks this week. I decided to not use sashing between each block. I already have the quilt top pieced together. I will be looking for a fabric to border or frame the quilt top. I'm thinking maybe a brown or wine color... I am also thinking about thread color for the quilting, & a quilting design... I will put 6 of the Alaska blocks on the quilt back, maybe my cruise class blocks too, & I will probably use the challenge fabric on the back as well.

I am planning my next quilt project. I feel pretty strongly that I will give the John Flynn Pennsylvania Pickledish a whirl. I LOVED the colors that I used in my class! This pattern is quite a challenge to piece! I don't know whether I'll stick to John's method of piecing, or if I'll foundation piece it?! Also, I will be on the hunt for fabric...2 of the fabrics I used in class are out of print & I don't have any more!!! I may be asking you to check your stash!!!

We've been using the Pleasant Plates quilt on our new bed!!! It's lovely. : ) The bed & the quilt!

Our camera is, once again, on the fritz!!! ERG!!! : / I can't take any photos of stuff & add pics to the blog. Does anyone have an opinion on a good digital camera? Ours is a Cannon PowerShot A-70. We've had it for 5'ish years & have really liked it, but this last year or so, it's been VERY temperamental & problematic!

My Harney & Sons Caribe tea arrived today!!! I haven't had any yet...but, I'm looking forward to it.

Piecefully, Pam

6 comments:

Lori said...

ROAD TRIP!!!! Who's in?? I can leave at 8am after I drop the kids off at school. I can drive also. I know Cath,LA and Sean are in.I also think Mare is in. Anyone else? Where are we going?? I received a GPS for Xmas that I can bring.Pam, we can compare notes on it--I think it's a different make than yours. Looking forward to the trip!!!

quiltmamajb said...

Cathy - how are you - and how is your Mom doing? And how is Timmy feeling? Hope it all works out. Road trip...I'm so jealous! Hope you all have fun and get lots of good stuff. I can host next Tuesday - be sure to bring your show & tell. Big news to report - Peggy is out of her sewing slump - she completed two quilts and has already given them away! I'm so looking forward to a Brigantine weekend - I'm looking through the pile of projects I have that I want to do - deciding what's up next. Can't wait to get started. I feel like it's been ages since I could make something just because I wanted to - not a gift or class project. The baby quilt class starts tonight at Cloth & Bobbin - I'm excited! Going to pop over at lunchtime today just to check on what I need to bring. Pam - really looking forward to seeing the Alaska quilt - those blocks are so cool! We've had a Nikon Coolpix camera for a few years - never a lick of trouble. I like it - I'd like to upgrade to a little nicer model...one of these days. Everyone enjoy your day...safe travels tomorrow. See you all soon...

LA said...

Hi Everyone, I have been trying to post but I can't remember my password. This is a test...

LA said...

O.K. I think I just remembered my password...Cathy - hope you and your family are doing well. Looking forward to tomorrow. I found out that I will have my car tomorrow, so I can drive...let me know Mare. I really hope the Hayloft has the duck panel...just thinking ahead! Are we leaving a little before 9? Not sure if I can do February at the shore...I think I will stick to just March in Lancaster. March 8th is good for me if the Painted Tea Cup trip is still on. Peggy - yea!!! 2 quilts?!?! that's exciting. I haven't seen you forever! Dolores - hope everyone is doing fine in your house. I haven't seen you for a while either. Look forward to seeing everyone at Jean's next week! Have a great day!! Love, LA

Cathy said...

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. We're hanging in. I think it's hard when everything is over - it finally hits you. We'll be okay. ROAD TRIP - CAN'T WAIT!!
I need some fabric to sew. Don't forget coupons for Hayloft. I'm sorry everyone can't go. I have my Christmas money - looking forward to going. Tim is doing well. We won't know for another 2-3 weeks if surgery worked - but we are extremely optimistic. Looking forward to Tuesday at Jean's. If anything comes up - I can have it too. Good Luck tonight Jean. I'll be thinking of you - I know you will do great. I love the quilt. I just saw the sheep material in a magazine. Peg - I'm so proud of you 2 quilts - way to go. Don't know that I'll make the Brigantine weekend either, but I can go to the Painted Teacup and am looking forward to it. Leigh ann - the Hayloft should have that panel - they have it on the internet.Pam - your Alaska quilt sounds beautiful - can't wait to see it. I remember I loved your pickeledish blocks, but I can't remember the fabric. If you remember, bring it to show and tell on Tuesday. I think that's everything - Maureen - How are you feeling? Hope all is well. Talk to everyone soon.

Dolores said...

A road trip I'm so jealous, not that I need anything, but it's always fun to look. We did win Lucky heart money, but Joe is using it to buy Phillies tickets. I have a son who is 21 and it's FREAKING me out. Have fun tomorrow, I'll see everyone on Tuesday.